Why?: "we have standardized our publishing"

What is the purpose of this? This makes no sense to me and takes ten times longer to make a simple edit to a site. Even worse if all you did was make a simple change to a server action.

If you want it as it was before, just set the target to be ā€˜developmentā€™ and it will behave as youā€™re used to.

3 Likes

So, the only differences between the three target settings is when it saves?

I think so.

Well, ask people like @TomD who says heā€™s scared to save or publish :slight_smile:
Set your target to development and it will auto upload on save.

1 Like

So, again, is that the only functionality difference between the three target settings? For now and in the future?

Thatā€™s just a dead setting that really doesnā€™t do anything other than save or not as of 3.7.3?

If itā€™s just a dead setting that does nothing else I will change to development.

Yes

1 Like

Itā€™s just one of those little things we like to call ā€œgood practiceā€
The day will come when you regret deploying on save :slight_smile:

4 Likes

See:

1 Like

Thanks guys. I now understand the reasoning. I will leave my target set to Production and adjust my workflow. At least I know that when just making simple changes I can adjust it. All good.

3 Likes

Not exactly :slightly_smiling_face:. Iā€™m not scared to ā€˜save or publishā€™. Iā€™m scared to ā€˜save and publishā€™ - at the same time, particularly when I just intended to save :scream:.

It was too easy to do before - you just pressed Ctrl+S, but failed to notice you have left the target to ā€˜productionā€™.

4 Likes

@Dave too! Those auto upload days did my tiny little head in! :blush:

3 Likes

I was just joking guys :slight_smile:
I agree with you both.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for the ā€œare you sure you want to exit Wapplerā€ and ā€œare you sure you want to Minimize Wapplerā€ popupsā€¦ :wink:

4 Likes

@max_gb Ouch hahahahahaha. Spat coffee out! :smiley:

1 Like

Tbf I did vote for the save/upload request. Just being salty

1 Like