Who has the most likes around these parts?

WOO-HOO! I wondered where all of you Lovely People have been hiding! I figured you were out on yachts drinking something cold while I was all alone in the Bubbleverse. JK. So glad to be here, especially after this:

I am nervous to make the jump to Wappler, but after the continuing fiasco I have no choice but to make choices that provide security in the long run. I look forward to being a producive part of the community here who no longer needs to beg in threads to be heard.

Thanks for being such a welcoming place; the team I work with has shared some intensely helpful threads and I plan on creating some tutorials for internal use as we go. Is it frowned upon to share these if we make some that are useful for a general audience?

5 Likes

Please make sure to check who has most likes here: https://community.wappler.io/u?period=all so that you know where to spam or not!

Just kidding of course :slight_smile: Welcome, we are a really friendly community!

2 Likes

Welcome!

I spent 4 years on Bubble and moved to Wappler over 18 months ago. I saw the writing on the wall after the first price hike without any performance or app improvements to show for it!

One tip, be patient it will be different from Bubble, it will take time, but the effort will be worth it!

3 Likes

I was in such a happy flow until yesterday. It is hard to really imagine completely undoing the damage, so I am thrilled to hear that not only did you make the transition, but you’re still here 18 months later and advocating!

I’m happy to put in the work, the effort, the time, and the strategic thinking… and I honestly had been ignoring Wappler because I figured the T&Cs would contain some hidden small detail that would be scary. But I’ve reviewed everything and feel empowered by what I understood!

The ability to choose the physical location of web hosting is so huge, it is going to turn one of my products into something I can market in more areas now.

Thank you again for the advice and welcome.

1 Like

No point in obfuscating his username I can confidently say reading those two answers that it’s Nigel. His head is so up his ass that he morphed into an Ouroboros long time ago.

Welcome!

2 Likes

L—O—L :upside_down_face: I guess one does have a hard time hiding from their reputation. I was surprised by his approach, and then his own escalation… but I digress. It’s much happier here!

1 Like

@plaidpixel Welcome to Wappler

Best thing Bubble did was me was appear in my google search bar as Bubble vs Wappler over a year ago when I was looking for platforms. Led me to the best one i’ve ever seen love it here at Wappler the community and capabilities is amazing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AH yes Nigel, had more than a few run-ins with this dude and did complain a few times and he was put on the bench from his overlord role more than once!

2 Likes

Is that really you Nigel? :rocket:

2 Likes

Thank you, Teodor! I was busy downloading and installing Wappler and have been chuckling to myself thanks to your response — as it turns out the leaderboard link is the same on other forums and the “likes” boast wasn’t even close to true.

Personally, I find no shame in being second on the list :wink:

2 Likes

Reading the message you received felt like getting bullied in a “nice way”. Appalling.

1 Like

Nigel, on the upside, because of hosting options, you stand to only lose 20k in one [future] day as opposed to 40k - so thats a bonus! :smile:

1 Like

A quick update… seems Bubble is cleaning up the forum from unhappy posts so the Monday morning catch-up readers will mostly see positive stuff.

Or maybe it’s a coincidence that the same mod in the first screenshot sent me a PM about something unrelated in the middle of all these “hides”

I can understand Bubble’s mods thinking I was a lot for posting more than once (although many others do)

The truth is, I have been having to field input from 8 team members + a very upset business partner + a handful of clients every day and speak as their representative. Most of my clients or customers either have their entire business linked to their forum accounts (making it very scary to complain) or they used their exact business name as their forum name :grimacing: and no one wants that coming up in SEO

Spamming useful posts? Maybe spam stupid gifs :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome! I have been surprised in a way to actually sense a difference in the Wappler forum as I’ve been doing my own catch-up work to get up to speed around here.

I am loving Wappler already, and your endorsement helps me feel better about spending time learning it. I’ve seen a lot of helpful posts from you in this forum going back a long way – thanks!

Aw shucks, I was hoping it was an exclusive club! Maybe we could still have a secret :handshake: handshake? LOL!

As frustrating as this has been on many levels, I don’t envy most moderators in any circumstance. I cannot believe how happy it made me to see your avatar and name. I remember you from the very early days of Bubble, and you were so helpful to someone we later hired who would talk about you often. I wish the name would come to mind - I will PM you when I remember… small world! Hello!!

Hi BenP! Thanks for empathizing and for taking the time to share. It was not easy trying to juggle my team, my clients, the prospect of needing to immediately find a secure alternative to Bubble… whew. To get that message from a mod was a curveball I didn’t see coming.

You aren’t joking!!! Wow. As I’ve been doing the numbers, it seems I could have bid the job approximately 40% lower on the monthly hosting fees if I had hosted on Digital Ocean instead of Bubble Production plan – and that’s just one element of the job!

I had no idea how much more flexibility in pricing (and clientele) I would have with self-hosting. It’s almost like freedom of choice is… better? :laughing: But really, I had no idea I could have my business expenses cut almost in half by just taking some time to learn a different product like Wappler!

It looks like if I went with more middle-of-the road hosting I could easily save even more. could get top-shelf hosting like Digital Ocean for 40% less than Bubble. D.O. is so fast I sometimes get confused if I’m testing on localhost or the remote deployment :heartpulse: Maybe this Bubble exodus will turn out to be an incredibly happy accident!

PS, I am not Nigel. I was trying to protect his innocence, but as it turns out everyone could tell who was messaging me even though I blotted it out!

2 Likes

They decided silencing was not enough! (Weird, given I wasn’t able to do anything on the forum anyway - so I had not been able to post since the earlier silencing.)

I’m concerned because at this time I cannot access even the test apps using the same login as the forum. I guess I’m being un-customered?

I can confidently say I have never been “put on the bench” for anything I have done as a moderator.

There used to be quite a few mods, not so much now. It may just be me.

Hardly “overlord” now is it. Mostly it is a dozen spam posts a day to remove.

You blocked me on the forum where you are a mod, but wish to have a voice here? I don’t support the idea of silencing, but I am surprised by your actions.

Actually what you did was change your avatar to something very childish.

Given you are hiding behind an alias, and I am not, may be think about not cross posting private coversations.

I was genuinely trying to be nice. Which I do find hard to do a lot of time. And I am a real tw@t at times (like now).

Spamming a thread is not cool, not on any forum. Everyone gets it. Everyone is annoyed.

1 Like

I find that worrying… so your not able to access your apps now?