What Would Cause Multiple Copies of the DB?

Wappler Version : 3.5.4
Operating System : macOS Big Sur
Server Model: PHP
Database Type: mySQL
Hosting Type: Bluehost Standard

When I opened an existing project, I found the Database Manager had duplicated the original databases. Please see image below:

Well Wappler is just reading all the connections you made… you probably create quite a few new ones instead of choosing existing.

From the folder dmxConnect/modules/Connections

You can manage them in the the server connect globals or in the database manager.

Make sure of course you use just the right one in all your db steps.

I only had three: dbh, db_gmdata, and db_gmadmin. No problem though, I just deleted the extras. If they pop up again, I’ll let you know.

After the second round of reappearing, and then deleting of all of them again, it appears that they have been totally removed.

I got up this morning and check the status of the Globals panel and you can see that through the night there was another round of duplications. Even after I deleted them several times. Please see the latest below:

What appears to be happening is that when these were deleted from the Globals list, they were not deleted from the dmxConnect/modules/*. So I assume once the app was closed, then reopened, it recreated the list in the modules directory and even though the file was there, it recopied them as new files with the appended *1, *2, etc.

Fixed in Wappler 3.7.1

1 Like

Thanks Teo for your note! I appreciate it very much.

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.