Web3 discussion

You clearly have an extremely limited understanding of web3 in general which is clear from every post you keep adding to this topic.

The hypocrisy is baffling. You campaign to drop php in favour of ‘your’ preference node but wish the team to get in line with where literally the world is heading and add either simple extensions and modules to interact with a blockchain or extend the team itself to add deeper web3 frameworks and functionality.

I’m fortunate to be working with Solidity devs right now and it has been incredibly easy for them to learn Solidity and develop contracts so your example of rockets to Mars is just redundant.

Then suggesting that a Dev doesn’t know every language is certainly true - but businesses hire for new tech or to expand into new areas to achieve growth. I expect your ‘but company’ experience would have taught you that.

This is a feature request in the benefit of Wappler in the new world. If you have no understanding or nothing productive to say, just don’t vote and spend your wise words of wisdom elsewhere.

Thank you.

Oh I know what web3 is. It’s just a collection of javascript libraries to interact with an ethereum node mixed with bells, whistles and mumbo-jumbo.

Considering what you said, your knowledge and your passion about the topic it seems to me that you should be looking for a team and building a no-code tool so people can build their own dapps. Most successful tools in history were built by the same people that needed them and found no alternatives in the market.

Think about it! Instead of getting butt hurt here you could build “Webbl3r” and start a successful business.

You’re welcome.

P.S. Every time I comment in your FR the post gets bumped and chances it gets voted increase. Are sure it’s a wise move to tell me to go f*ck myself and leave your precious FR alone? It certainly doesn’t look like a pro move.

Not here to promote competition, but they do deserve a mention here as they’ve started to offer a relevant solution and may answer your need: https://www.bildr.com/ has done a good job building the groundwork for all things crypto and NFT. I have been attending their Friday live sessions and follow the threads on their Discord account.
You’ll find plenty of videos about NFTs that are from 2min to 2h long on their Youtube channel.
Highly recommended, excellent, approachable community and team.

Actually if you just build a NodeJS project with Wappler, you can very simple add NFT functionality, as explained in:

So yes you can do it in Wappler :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Fred, I really appreciate this.

I’ve already jumped in and chatted to one of the founders in Discord about what’s currently possible, and what’s coming. Mind blown.

It’s funny, two very prominent features I’ve asked Wappler to introduce to serve wider demand (Chrome extensions, Web3) just falls a bit on deaf ears, but these guys are building just those - and while the platform is very clunky and slow in comparison to Wappler right now - Bildr will absolutely take off once they nail some of those early teething pains.

The only down-thumb is that they are a Bubble-esque in managing the infrrastructure for you which I love that Wappler gives the freedom over.

If I can get past some of the initial UI / UX learning curve relatively quickly and they deliver on some of the promises/roadmap, i’ll likely switch entirely over to these guys from Wappler. Unless of course, Wappler implements interaction to Ethereum at an advanced, and reliable level - then I’ll be back in love with the power of the Wappler platform.

1 Like

Oh I know what web3 is. It’s just a collection of javascript libraries to interact with an ethereum node mixed with bells, whistles and mumbo-jumbo.

Yeah, it’s really not this at all. For starters web3 is not exclusive to the Ethereum blockchain at all. While ‘some’ languages are loosely based on, or work with the likes of Node, or Javascript - as far as I’m aware (and there are so many, I am absolutely not across them all) the core interactive languages are not Javascript. Yes, libraries are being created in JS, and even some are creating more standardized APIs, or external services like IPFS - this is basically adapting blockchain to work with more mainstream services and dev skill sets.

Think about it! Instead of getting butt hurt here you could build “Webbl3r” and start a successful business.

I don’t want to - and why on earth would I when a platform as good as Wappler could easily adjust to interact with various blockchains and others are already (like Bildr) in the game? Crazy bad business advise. I own two businesses already, so I’m good with the direction I’m heading in.

As for getting butt hurt? You can’t possible think that to be true? You are raising consistently bad points, very easily rebutted. I just wish you would stop contaminating a post created with the genuine interest of the Wappler platform, and my own selfish interests of course.

You’re welcome.

Are you serious? You give fundamentally flawed business advice, and then say ‘You’re welcome?’. Just stop already!

P.S. Every time I comment in your FR the post gets bumped and chances it gets voted increase. Are sure it’s a wise move to tell me to go f*ck myself and leave your precious FR alone? It certainly doesn’t look like a pro move.

Last but not least - this is just idiotic. It’s a well known fact that a typical human needs to see at least 6/7 positive comments to overcome one negative, regardless of the extremes of the sentiment.

You have built up some credibility on the forum as you have good knowledge in some areas - so your ‘adding’ to this is harming the topic, as most without much knowledge in this area will simply follow your guidance rather than exploring the comments of those that do have knowledge in the area. So, while your adding to the post ‘bumps’ the topic, it certainly doesn’t help in gathering votes.

So again, please spend your time contributing to the forum in other areas and leave this post alone, as I know your feedback is considered in general, very valuable and appreciated.

@George / @Teodor I’m sure you’ll likely not agree with this request - but is it at all possible to remove this back and forth from JonL and my corresponding messages to clean up this feature request? This isn’t coffee lounge or general chat.

Well, it’s a good discussion i don’t think we should remove any of the comments.
Jon makes some quite good points on the topic. It’s interesting to see how many people are interested in this.
Also i’ve been closely following the NFT trend in the past year or so, as well as the crypto world in the past 6~7 years. Nice to see trends like NFT/marketplaces. Which just reminded me of the cryptokitties which are not a thing any longer, but were quite a trendy and big thing a couple of years ago :smiley:

It’s also quite interesting to follow how many people want to build the next NFT markeplace and become billionaires.

2 Likes

No problem Teodor, I did anticipate you’d approach it that way, hence my comment - I really am baffled by what ‘good points’ Jon has made, as I haven’t seen anything even remotely accurate - but, in the benefit of it being a public forum I understand your decision - let’s hope anyone reading takes the time to do their own reading.

It’s also quite interesting to follow how many people want to build the next NFT markeplace and become billionaires.

Many entrepreneurs wanted and want to build the next facebook, then google, then shopify etc. etc. that’s simply how we fuel innovation - so I don’t really get your angle here - would you prefer entrepreneurs didn’t pick up Wappler to build a business that turns into a unicorn? I guess you are building Wappler as a non-profit, too, right?

Clearly - i’m fighting a losing battle here especially as I keep hearing that they’ve been ‘following’ crypto/NFTs for years - but then have very little actual understanding.

I’m selfishly disappointed at the appetite for this, I’ve just been so blown away by Wappler and what you guys have accomplished (and also what I’ve learned along the way) - I can’t even imagine how powerful Wappler could be with something like this, but it is what it is and I respect you guys for what you are doing regardless.

Dude. It’s literally in their documentation.

https://web3js.readthedocs.io/en/v1.5.2/getting-started.html

I think you need to go and cover your basics instead of just repeating what other marketeers want you to believe.

Ethereum marketeers even go as far as trying to twist what the internet is and will be for their own profit.

They clearly state “in the context of Ethereum” but as you very well know people tend to forget those clarifications.

They’ve been trying to make this subtle change from web 2.0 to web2 so it matches the naming convention they decided for their JS library and their ecosystem(web3). There is absolutely no reference to web2 out of the ethereum context.

If you really want to learn about iterations of the web(1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0) go to trusted sources like the IEEE and similar. The future of the internet is certainly not web3 or any other term the ethereum gang comes up with.

My 3 year old toddler constantly rebuts me a lot of things too. You don’t have the monopoly on that.

I also created a few FRs that burned and crashed, and were opened with the best of intentions.

Indeed. I was just trying to get under your skin there :wink:

I’m pretty sure people will do their own research and vote based on what they need and not based on what I have to say.

3 Likes

This ‘new world’ may not be an appealing prospect to everyone on this forum.

Particularly with the COP26 climate summit starting this week, I think it’s appropriate to point out the very significant damage NFTs (and blockchain technology generally) are doing to the environment - with the potential to do much more. I expect/hope for this reason, many Wappler users will not have the slightest interest in your proposal.

Googling ‘nft’ and ‘energy’ etc. will find countless articles. Here are some examples:

Electricity needed to mine bitcoin is more than used by ‘entire countries’
NFTs Are Hot. So Is Their Effect on the Earth’s Climate
NFTs are not just bad for the environment, they are also stupid

You may not consider this important or relevant, but at least Vitalik Buterin, the inventor of Ethereum, does:
“That’s just a huge waste of resources, even if you don’t believe that pollution and carbon dioxide are an issue. There are real consumers—real people—whose need for electricity is being displaced by this stuff”

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out. It didn’t even cross my mind. I was well aware of the effect of crypto in general on the climate, but my mind, for a strange reason, failed to extrapolate that to the NFT fever.

Something to be considered indeed. Specially if you are an aussie. I still have this image of Australia’s recent bush fires, aka hell on earth, burnt(pun intended) in my mind.

1 Like

LOL someone felt bad about climate change and removed their vote from the FR :joy:

All in all, it’s a great discussion with the right amount of drama. These type of debates make people think twice about the repercussions of their beliefs.

What do you mean? I thought they also offered the option to use one’s own server… :face_with_monocle:

Anyway, sorry to be discussing this competitor here, but they deserve respect for their accomplishment and vision.
After 6 months of nocode research last year during the first lockdown, I concluded that Wappler and Bildr were under-rated yet the best no code tools out there, with the former being the most customizable while the latter being the most approachable.

Can someone explain this to me?

I just went to opensea to browse the latest highest sells.

https://opensea.io/assets?search[sortAscending]=false&search[sortBy]=LAST_SALE_PRICE

So someone sold a stupid image for 124,457eth (about 500 million dollars).

This is the history of the sales.

Should we assume that the last honest sale was ETH 110? That is already half a million dollars and completely insane and stoooooopid. Whole new levels of stupidity actually.

Then the guy with half a million dollars less sells it to himself for all his eth and transfers it back to his original wallet and now the price of this image is 500 million dollars according to this marketplace.

3 Likes

Been following this thread closely like I do all feature requests. I think a real world plain English explanation of what it is, what it does and why we need it may get more votes. The fact that it seems that nobody really understands what exactly the request is, kind of indicates the lack of need for it.

I would like to learn more so I did some research. And all I can find is more techno geek speak with no real world examples or use cases.

What can I build with this feature request and how will it help me? (In plain English)

You can build a marketplace, where people can sell digital cooking recipes, images, art, text, useless gifs etc. and other people can buy these using ETH (Ethereum).

1 Like

Thanks Teodor. Can’t all that be done now - but with real money? :moneybag:

Well yes, it can be done :slight_smile:
But the trend now is to sell a computer generated image of a monkey face for cryptocurrency.

1 Like

LOL (actually did laugh out loud), you can’t be serious.

:exploding_head:

He is very serious!

But you can store the transaction in an inmutable ledger so you can prove two things:
a) the digital property is yours
b) how dumb you are

2 Likes