Web Hosts

Hi everyone. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced web host to provide a server that supports Wapplers server connection/ftp process and database connections without issues. I have been trying to connect for days with the Godaddy one i set up without success. I have now talked to 7 representatives over several hours to be told it is not possible. they said the only way i can connect is via something called putty or via terminal. I’m only trying to test Wappler to see if it is for me so don’t want to spend out an awful lot on hosting incase i can grasp it.

Hi Luke, welcome to Wappler.

Your first mistake was GoDaddy. :wink:

I personally use www.hostpapa.com. Everything works just dandy and very affordable. But in all seriousness, you should be able to use GoDaddy without using putty or a terminal. What kind of errors are you getting?

Hi @LukeyJ1

I’d be happy to provide you some hosting for a few weeks free of charge if that’s helpful?

1 Like

Fasthosts, we love them, support is superb! My account manager is a total legend. Been with them for years.

2 Likes

uk2.net UK
inmotionhosting.com USA
afrihost.com South Africa

If the emphasis is on cheep then you will not beat Afrihost, being South African, and with our exchange rate being as awful as it is, means you can get a shared linux hosting platform for ZAR39 per month, converted to USD thats $2.23 per month.
Windows Platform for ZAR59 pm = $3.37 pm
For Node js you would need to have a chat with their online sales to advise you but even a dedicated server like i have is ZAR1370 pm = $78.31 and i host 50 websites on that.

1 Like

Hi,

I used fasthost.com and I can confirm they have superb support.

Currently I just host websites related with my activity and I use 2mhost.com.
Unfortunately they do not use node.js at the moment.

but if you wish to try they have low prices and good support.

2 Likes

Hi ya. thanks for your reply,

Here are some of the error messages,

thanks

Thankyou. How much do you charge per month after that?

Funny how different people find hosts. I found Fasthosts slow, expensive and unreliable and dumped them recently . I use https://20i.com, half the price, cloud servers (FH charge extra for them) , great support, fully load balanced and MUCH faster

1 Like

I find that seriously hard to believe but if that is your experience… We have literally thousands of clients over the years using their services. We currently have eleven dedicated servers also hosted with them, and a bunch of static deployments on their basic hosting platform. All services are incredibly reliable. Some of the deployments we have with them are UK Government services. All passed compliance at the highest level. We can not fault them at all. They have done migrations for us, run audits and helped us out massively with the aforementioned compliance requirements. Anyway… Sorry to hear about your issues with them. I’ll pass this on to my accounts manager there.

Think you will find @psweb had similar bad exeriences

Am happy to pass on any issues either of you experienced. Please message me them and will get them across. I know a few engineers there that I worked with who will be gutted to read that. Weird thing is they really care about what they provide. Hard to find good people these days!

Was with them since 1992, they had their chances, will never go back.

I’ll message you as I don’t want this to turn into a business touting thread, that’s not why I’m here. I just want to provide a way for you to be able to give Wappler a good go. :+1:

I’m very happy with my provider - clook.net. I’ve used them for years. Probably not the cheapest, but great reliability and support. I only have a reseller account, with cPanel, and NodeJS isn’t supported (not the know much about NodeJS - but would like to try it) - so I was looking at other options.

I was looking at 20i.com recently and interested to see your recommendation. I emailed them about NodeJS - they only support it only with their VPS options. Perhaps I should get a VPS package. Do you have one of these?

Hi Luke, the problem here is that Wappler is not able to establish a proper connection with your ftp site.

Here are some steps to fix this problem:

1. Check that your ftp credentials are correct. You can check your ftp site using Filezilla.

2. If you are able to login to your ftp site with Filezilla, use the same credentials to setup your remote target in Wappler. Make sure that the path for remote directory is pointing to the root folder on your ftp site (i.e /htdocs or /public )

See below sample connection settings.

thanks

Yes that is correct, i use their standard hosting mainly but do also have a VPS with them.
Ironically I have just completed a customer service questionnaire with them and suggested NODE and Docker support would be an amazing on their standard cloud platform. Will let you know if they reply.

The 20i team is headed by the person who invented the concept of Reseller hosting and he has launched many well known hosting services (such as heart internet in the UK). He keeps moving on and working the cutting edge of the technology.

Thanks Brian. I’ll probably give them a try.

These days I’m trying InterServer.net