Wappler vs the rest?

I have been using Webflow for about a year and just came to know Wrappler. Can you please explain what the advantage and difference are between Wrappler and Webflow? I prefer to add my own CMS code and is it possible to add the CMS code right in the Wrappler code editor? Is the code fully editable?

Way are the big differences between Wrappler and Webflow, Pinegrow or Bootstrap Studio?

1 Like

Basically, Wappler is the only full stack development platform which is fully visual in it’s design. Virtually anything can be achieved without any coding. There are many visual designer platforms out there, but not that extend this concept fully to full stack development. Take a look at the Wappler YouTube channel to see it in action in real development scenarios.

2 Likes

In addition to @Hyperbytes reply - Wappler is also not limiting you as Webflow locks you to purchase hosting plans from them - you can host your site with ANY hosting provider out there.
Also the code is not “locked” and no need to “export” it - everything is fully available in code view, so you can also manually edit it.

Bootstrap Studio and Pinegrow are only limited to designing a Bootstrap 4 layout, while Wappler includes a front end framework (called App Connect) similar to other popular frameworks like Vue.js, Angular.js, React etc.- this allows you to build reactive/interactive sites. Change dynamic attributes on the fly, show hide data when needed, using repeat regions.
A backend framework (called Server Connect) is also included where you can visually define serverside workflows - CRUD operations, complex database queries or anything else you need to build a custom CMS and dynamic websites visually.

Unlike Pinegrow/Bootstrap Studio, Wappler offers FTP connectivity so you don’t need a third party software to connect to your hosting and upload files. Also remote/local files sync option is available.
Unlike Pinegrow/Bootstrap Studio you can use SSI(serverside includes).

I believe @drymetal and @nshkrsh can also help you, as former webflow users :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are ok with using bootstrap then wappler is the best with no limitations to number of pages or database tables or number of users like most top end RAD tools.

This is all great information. Thanks so much. I would love to hear more experience from others that have moved over from Webflow. I can code, but I really like the speed of these visual design tools.

Do most people build a custom CMS or integrate in a third part one? Is there a demo anywhere of one that was build within Wrappler?

1 Like

Please take a look at the showcase section: https://community.wappler.io/c/showcase there are some nice examples of sites using custom-built CMS solutions built with Wappler.
You can directly discuss anything related to them in the Showcase topic, so the users who built them can answer your questions :slight_smile:

The good thing in building your own custom CMS is that you just set it up as needed, so no need to include bloated, slow options which are never used (as WordPress does for example) in the site.

Are there any well-known sites out there using Wrappler yet?

Depends on how do you define “well known sites”? :slight_smile:

By the way the app is called Wappler (comes from web + apps), not Wrappler - It doesn’t “wrap” anything yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Typo. My Bad.

1 Like

I assume most of you are like me…you can code but just tired of it and want to speed up development?

1 Like

These are half of our users (people who know how to code, but want to save time), the other half are designers who don’t like coding or have zero experience in coding, so Wappler helps them build the back and front-end logic visually.

Absolutely @bgarrant, i was a hard core PHP coder until I discovered Wappler (full stack developer but with main strengths at server end) , now i do virtually everything visually in a fraction of a time and even without a lot of design effort, it looks great.

Writing your own CMS is so simple, image management is integrated and for non coders even the SQL query element is totally visual.

Probably a bit early to see a mainstream site build in Wappler as it has only been around a year but certainly I have just finished a student property rental portal in CMS form which took about 25% of the time it would have taken to hand code and am working on a property rental portal as we speak. API Integration is a really strong point for portals as it is easy to import data from pretty much any API available, things like Google mapping/ geo-coding is a breeze which is great for property based suites.

2 Likes

That is awesome. I am just playing with it. Where can I find out more about the CMS and features, security, etc? I was just going to implement my favorite ExpressionEngine CMS to start. Is it easy to implement a third party CMS as well?

If I add third party CMS code and have PHP/MySQL installed local how do I preview it at say http://MySite.test? Where is the preview and setting area for that stuff?

Please take a look at the docs:

1 Like

My advice would be don’t try to integrate, it is so easy to do your own that integration would probably be the harder option.

Wappler is to really designed to interface with other products like ExpressionEngine as it does CMS so much better and efficiently on it’s own. Once you get your head around the workflow, CRUD based systems are a five minute job and are incredibly efficient compared with general purpose platforms such as that.
Having said that, Wappler produces perfectly standard HTML/CSS and PHP/ASP/ASP.net can be be manually coded along side the wappler code if you really want to do that but you will quickly find this is not the most efficient way to work with Wappler

2 Likes

Do most of you build your own CMS for every site? Seems like using prebuilt system would be faster. Maybe not.

Yes, custom to the site, it is really easy to do and much more efficient when done that way

1 Like

Can you build like a reusable dashboard and login system to save time? I am looking now to find the fieldtypes available.

Yes, it is standard code, no generators or similar needed so it is simply a case of “save as” to duplicate pages", all field types are supported including arrays and objects

1 Like