======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 3.9.9
Operating System : Mac OS 11.5.2
Server Model: node
Database Type: mariadb
Hosting Type: any

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?
Recent projects should be displayed in the “Your Projects” tab and opening a folder should open the project.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?
Recent projects are not listed, no projects are listed unless I navigate to the “New Project” tab and back again, then some recent projects are listed and can be opened.
But, I cannot open an existing project which is not listed. I can navigate to the project folder and click open but it doesn’t open the project or add it to the list (I assume because it hasn’t opened it).

The few recent projects that do appear (after navigating to the “New Project” tab and back) can be opened normally.

How to reproduce

Open Wappler.
Click on the project name to open the project selection screen:

Extra info.

This is on an old MacBook and all was fine a few days ago.
Since I last used Wappler an automatic update of Mac OS was installed, taking me to 11.5.2 !!!

Also, I have a Mac mini M1 with the latest Wappler installed 4.0.1 which is also displaying the same issue (also after the Mac OS update), except I can open other projects but no matter what I do, no recent projects appear in the list:

On both machines, Wappler starts and opens the last project without issue.

I have tried re-installing Wappler (3.9.9) on the Macbook but it did not solve the issue. I am very near the end of my client project and don’t want to move to 4 until first release just in case :slight_smile:

So this started to happen after a macos update both on 3.9.9 and 4.0.1?
11.5.2 here on a Mac mini M1, Wappler 4.0.1 installed and have no issues like that. Maybe try restarting Wappler with logging, recreate the issue and send us the debug log.

Hi Teodor,

On the M1 Mac Mini, I can open projects (so I am not totally stuck) but they are not added to the recent list - I added a video showing the screen.

I have now submitted a bug report from the MacBook 3.9.9, do you want one from the M1 (with v 4.0.1 as well)?.

Thanks,

Paul

OS info

• Operating System : Mac OSX 20.6.0
  • Wappler Version : 3.9.9

Problem description

Recent projects do not appear in the recent projects list and existing projects cannot be opened.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open Wappler
  2. Click the project name to open the projects list
  3. Try opening an existing project folder.

Relates to the topic - Wappler not displaying projects list or opening existing project

report_2021-7-25_15-11-13.zip (193.9 KB)

Your log file is missing, please manually attach it.

Sorry, now added :grimacing:

Maybe @George can check if there’s anything wrong there.

Seems the .wappler/project.json from the project you are trying to open as existing folder, is corrupted.

Check what is inside.

Nice catch - yes absolutly corretc, my bad.
Pulling from my git repo added some extra text into that file.
Removed it and now recent projects and everything is fine.