Wappler Getting Started Course

Thanks, just purchased your course by the way lol. Really dying to move to wappler.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Wappler 4 beta: error loading custom extensions

Hi @mebeingken

Do you plan updating/recreating the courses to match the new 4.0 layout and features?
I believe most of us would be happy to spend a nice amount on this :slight_smile:

I know it is a huge work, so just kindly asking (and hoping at the same time)

Gabor

2 Likes

Hi Gabor,

Thanks for the interest!

Yes, the plan is to produce a new course for version 4. Planning has already begun, and I’ve been waiting for the final release to start recording. I will probably wait for the Wappler team to return from their well deserved summer holiday, as they are very helpful in case I find minor bugs along the way.

It’s going to be a long process though since much of the interface has changed. :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

I want to start with Wappler. Is there an online course for 4.0 version? Or else, I can go ahead with version 3, because there is no much difference between version 3 and 4?

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: No data fields found in Bootstrap 5 Table Generator

I’ve started updating the videos to reflect version 4. I’m about a third of the way through the course and get a couple done each day. I think everything will be updated within a couple weeks.

18 Likes

I’m so happy to hear this, thanks for the update…!

1 Like

The first two sections (Getting started and app connect, front end) are now all Wappler 4) but given the experimental new workflow design, I’m holding off to see where that shakes out since the server connect lessons will look very different.

9 Likes

I really appreciate this. I am thinking of making the jump to Wappler and this resource is one of the deciding factors for me!

5 Likes

These videos were invaluable to me as a newcomer. Without Ben’s videos on the wappler youtube and your site here I would have given up long ago. Great work and I look forward to new updates and content.
Cheers!

11 Likes

Which server model is used in your courses…node, php or asp?

Node, although most of the course uses standard Wappler components so applicable to all.

1 Like

Thanks, @mebeingken.

Have sections 3 and above been updated to cover Wappler 4 as of yet…or do they still cover Wappler 3?

1 Like

Still Wappler 3. No eta.

1 Like

Is there a possibility to put subtitles on the videos, like on youtube?

Hi to all, I am looking for some more updated tutorials in wappler or a tutor that is available to teach me with private classes 3 or 4 hours per week. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for similar, all the existing stuff is well out of date. I’m now deploying in Wappler 4x and that’s out of date regarding help documentation, in my spare time I’m testing out Wappler 5 so I guess it’s not worthwhile to create help docs in any version other than 5.

I’m just hoping there’s someone out there who is prepared to put the time in and create some decent help videos and documentation to back up this amazing software.

2 Likes

I guess if there’s interest enough from many new users maybe an online group class could be arranged, I am currently doing online courses for HTML and CSS but I would prefer to invest my time and money in Wappler workflow and app connect related methodology.

1 Like

I just got started with wappler with almost zero coding skills besides HTML…

is this course still relevant? Im just getting started.

1 Like