Wappler Crash on Save

twice in last 2 days, wappler has crashed (and icon lost from taskbar as well) when:

1. saved an open page with ctrl+s.
  2. closed an open tab, prompt opened up to save/cancel, pressed ‘enter’ key to save.

to my surprise, when i reopened wappler, all the unsaved tabs were there, with the data as it is! phew!

now, in such cases, reopening with debugger will serve no purpose as the problem already happened.

so, is there a way to have the bug report generated in any exceptional events, maybe?

Maybe related to:

Been happening to me on a regular basic for weeks.
More worryingly i am not entirely sure that when you reopen wappler the open files shown are actually the latest version.

Lost a few updates on files over the last few days but fortunately i have been able to restore then using Windows version control which i have active.

I have not reported this yet as i have not been able to identify enough specifics but there is definately an issue there.
I always close all files and reopen them after a crash now to be sure they are the latest versions

Are you sure this is not just from the last update? As we didn’t had any problems before.

Also was it also on save or file open?
Was it local or remote target selected? Maybe ftp enables?

As for the file open and save problems/delays those will be solved with the next update

Was going to try and put together some evidence of these to help you diagnose but as you asked here is some issues I am having

Target is set to the live target so files are saved locally and uploaded automatically by FTP

I have a habit of leaving my computer on and Wappler tends to be left open. Often when coming back to it it will crash (just closes completely) when i try to close any open files.

Sometime when saving in general use Wappler will crash (just closes completely)

In the last few days (since last update) i have a few times on re-opening wappler and the going to close the files which were reopened by wappler, i have been prompted to save (even though no changes should have been in place as the file was previously saved).
To be honest, i have just clicked save without checking the file. On a few occasions the file appears to have been the contents of an old copy. At first i thought i was going mad but by restoring a previous version through Windows version restore i have been able to “revert” back to he latest file confirming that the file restored by Wappler was not the latest version, sometimes by the looks of it several revisions back.

Havn’t really detected any significant save or FTP delays, performance has been OK, no problem like some have reported (Core i7, 16GB ram, SSD)

I did detect a delay issue in database connections on Saturday though where i added a new table to the database, did the usual open and save the connection etc as i have done many times on this project only to find the table had not been added. Did it about 10 times with same problem. As it transpired had to go away overnight, when i tried again on Sunday everything was OK. Had same issue briefly this AM where i have to update/ refresh the connection a few times to see a new field i had added to a table.

Now I have identified the issues i may be able to either video it or even get a debug log, i will try over the next few days.

@George

Happened again with table refresh not updating new table to list

Added at table to the database “updatequeue”

Open and re-saved the connection multiple times but still not showing in table list in query manager

I tried opening and closing wappler but table still does not show in query manager.

I then tried opening with logging to try and get bug report but that time it worked.
Don’t know if that was time related or linked with activating logging. I would estimate the time time to get the table to show at around 15 minutes

Sorry i cannot give you a bug report of any more evidence

It shows now