Wappler 6.0.0 Beta 14 Released
Note: Wappler Beta runs as a separate app, so you can have both stable and beta installed, but please run them one at the time.
Finally it is here! The multiple editor layouts in Wappler, so you can have different editor side by side and also switch between them with ease. You can also have different layouts for different projects and also save and restore the layouts when you restart Wappler.
All for your convenience and to make your work with Wappler even more productive! Switch from the titlebar to different editing layouts like two columns or two rows, what ever suits your needs best. You can also drag and drop tabs from one layout to another and also drag and drop tabs to the new layout icon in the titlebar to create a new layout with the dragged tab.
The new multiple layouts in Wappler is an experimental features, so to use it make sure you have the “System Experimental” option enabled in the Wappler options first.
We have also improved the Visual Workflow Editor to automatically hide the Actions Picker if the space gets too narrow, like when switching layouts. Also the Actions Picker panel is now togglable in the new Workflow Visual Editor.
Creating Servers and checking their configuration is now up to the latest secure standards with Resource Manager! Just run a “System check” from the context menu of a selected server it will automatically setup a firewall on your server and also automatic updates! So you server will be well protected and fully automatically updated! You can also do that for existing servers, just run the “System check” from the context menu.
The Wappler core is also updated to the latest Electron 27 for great speed improvements and latest Chrome web features. With the Electron 27 in its core Wappler now officially drops support for Windows 7, Windows 8 and MacOS 10.14 and older. So the minimum supported versions are now Windows 10 and MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
New Multiple Layouts
- New editors manager with support for multiple layouts and panels
- improved the SSH tab editors and the Project Options to work with the new layouts
- implement editor focus when app connect or server connect panels are activated
- Select editor when editor is already open
- Improved active selection and made whole panel transparent when not active
- Implement also rows layouts next to columns
- Removed new Page (+ icon) from tabs
- Allow dragging tabs from one layout pane to other
Visual Workflow Editor
- Automatically hide Actions Picker if the space gets too narrow, like when switching layouts
- Remember the open or closed state of the Actions Picker panel and open new editors with it
- Always make flow editor full width
- make the actions picker panel toggleble in the new Workflow Visual Editor
- Add a … menu button for the most toolbar actions
- Improved Server Connect Editors creation and cleanup
- Greatly improved Server Setup and also System Check for cloud servers, to setup now fully automatically a firewall on your server and also automatic updates! So you server will be well protected and fully automatically updated! You can also do that for existing servers, just run the “System check” from the context menu.
- improve automatic docker status detection, now when opening a docker based project, docker desktop is auto started.
- When auto starting docker desktop, close other running containers that might confliect with the current project first
- Improve compatibility with newest Chrome versions
- Improved general styling of all Wappler panels
- Save and restore the open state of the left sidebar panel. So when it was open before closing Wappler, it will be open again when you start Wappler again.
- Updated Electron to the latest version 27 for great speed improvements and latest Chrome web features.
- With the Electron 27 in its core Wappler now officially drops support for Windows 7, Windows 8 and MacOS 10.14 and older. So the minimum supported versions are now Windows 10 and MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Fixed the shortcut keys dialog
- Now ask to restart Wappler after changing the system Experimental options and also automatically reset the panel sizes.
- Ask for restart when also applying the options with system experimentals option change