Wappler 5.8.2 Released
Or just do “check for updates” on the Wappler tray icon for automatic install!
This Wappler update is mostly a maintenance update containing many fixes reported in our community.
A welcome additions are also Redis support in the Resource Manager, so you can use a single Redis server for all your local development but also share cloud redis servers in multiple projects.
See Installing and Using a Single Redis Instance for Multiple Projects
Furthermore we have fine tuned our NodeJS docker deployment to no longer use Nodemon on live servers, as it is really only meant for development environments.
Also the Schema Refresh in the Database Manager has now been improved with more options for just list refresh or really full schema refresh as the last one can take longer time.
This is the last stable version of Wappler 5. There won’t be any updates unless very urgent issues arise.
We will be working now on Wappler 6 and we hope to bring you the first public beta in a few weeks, so you can try it out before the final release.
- Added new Redis service that can be installed as local development service or as shared service on cloud server
- Improved docker services cleanup to now fully clean also named volumes on service removal
- Allow to select Redis from predefined Cloud Databases, local or on remote servers.
- Choose also for redis which database number to use, useful when sharing Redis with multiple projects. Those Redis databases are created on the fly, so you don’t have to create them ahead of time, just select which one to use.
- Improved server ip reuse check
- Fix Redis to use the same network as the web service
- Do not use nodemon on live docker targets any more. It is not needed as docker is pretty much self contained and also the container restarts on crash
- Make sure nodeJS config folder exists before creating new configuration for Redis for example
- Support for running Redis from Managed Databases like Digital Ocean with username and password
- Changed the Refresh Schema option to Refresh List on database and tables and view nodes, and add a second option if to do a Full Schema refresh if you really want to update all tables, views and their fields.
- Disallow switching from Development Environment “Own Server” to “Wappler Local Server” in General Project options as existing Own Server node_modules will conflict with the Wappler build-in
- Alert the user to switch to “Own Server” development environment first when he/she wants to add extensions, as it is required.
- Fix listing of previous project extensions on project switch
- When remote docker target is selected and regular terminal opened, use the docker context of the remote target to be able to execute custom docker commands
- Fixed: Server Connect over sockets didn’t work with Redis enabled
- Added events listeners to Redis client (client will crash on error when no error event listener is attached)
- Caching of serverconnect responses over sockets was using old Redis api
- Socket Refresh action updated
- In PHP Sort on alias column wasn’t working when joins where used
App Connect 2.0 Beta 7
- Fixed serverconnect sockets not running on initial load
- Fallback for serverconnect with sockets enabled to normal fetch when sockets are not connected
App Connect Autocomplete 2.0 beta 3
- Added multiple aria attributes to the autocomplete component
App Connect Background Video 2.0 beta 1
- Rewrite for App Connect 2.0 support
App Connect Bootbox 5.2.0 - beta 1
- Bootbox5, updated vendor script (modbox) from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2
- Bootbox4, Updated vendor script from 5.4.0 to 5.5.2 (version 6 only supports min bootstrap 4.6.1)
- Component method now returns a promise so it pauses flows when it is called from them
- Rewrite for App Connect 2
- Updated internal node modules for might fast file search and glob using fast-glob
- Debugging Issues with Websockets
- App Flows do not work when called from Server Connect Success event
- Seeking Assistance with Accessible Autocomplete Implementation in Wappler
- DB Schema corruption and breaking server actions
- File watcher limit
- Sortable Headers - not working on joined COUNT
- Extensions not reset on project change
- Database manager: Make Refresh button refresh schema
- Database Manager refresh button issue