Wappler 4 roadmap

Is there any chance of a bit of a update roadmap for after Wappler 4 is stable, i’m just wondering if I should hold off on a few features incase they get added into Wappler natively so I wouldn’t need to use external libraries or solutions with JavaScript. A few of these are PWA support (even just the caches and setup of a installable pwa without push notifications etc) although extra things like push would be great, drag and drop and infinite scroll are also things im thinking about.

3 Likes

I’d love to see a Wappler roadmap.

1 Like

Seeing what’s planned, roughly when it is hoped to be released - but with caveats that the timings and releases are not promises - would be mega helpful.

I have a mobile app project I’ve put on hold for about a year because I need the PouchDB feature which looked to be imminent a long time ago. But it would be great to at least know where in the roadmap that now sits.

I totally understand that once you say you’re hoping to add this or that then you’ll get people asking for the priorities to be changed because that would suit them. I’m guessing that not having a public roadmap avoids this but for us users, wow it would be super helpful.

2 Likes

Woud love to see a Roadmap also! I would like to see where Tailwind is currently at, as I know there has been a lot of request to add this css framework!

(CHANTING) We want a roadmap! We want a roadmap! We want a roadmap! :rofl:

Written roadmaps at the very least will always lead to disappointment. Either by not happening soon enough, missing deadlines or not happening at all.

We already know what’s in the roadmap for the short term. It’s not like they are quiet about it. They are very open and already disclose enough.

What they have hinted already. It doesn’t have to be in this order and doesn’t even have to be at all.

• UI redesign
  • Frontend extensibility for custom components.
  • Deployment and targets refactoring and redesign.
  • Servers/service manager

By disclosing their roadmap by bits and pieces scattered around the forum they get to interact with the community even more and are able to gauge better the interest and if it’s a thing of the moment or it’s a serious and urgent request.

Additionally if any of these get halted or cancelled they don’t have a perpetual sword of Damocles over their heads.

So better this than a centralized place of disappointment.

3 Likes

Plus, I like new feature surprises. :beers:

2 Likes

I agree it has good and bad points maybe even a not coming soon list just so we know what we should start custom adding to projects I completely understand nothing can be guaranteed and this can all change just gives a idea on what to put more focus into

2 Likes

I’ve asked those type of questions in the past directly.

I knew they already had automated testing on their minds but I knew they hadn’t figured it out yet the best way to implement it. Or simply put not many people would take advantage of it.

So at one point I asked them directly. Got my answer and I just added it externally.

So feel free to ask!