Wappler 4.0.7 Released
Go get it from https://wappler.io/download/
Or just do “check for updates” on the Wappler tray icon for automatic install!
In this Wappler update we have included a new App Connect component - Toggle. It is a simple but very effective component to easy toggle a state of various other components. See Using the Toggle component
You can also read and understand more in depth, the various elements display options Show or Hide Elements Conditionally
On the Server Connect side we have greatly improved working with Variables bind other data and their usage. Now the schema is inherited and you can use the data in various ways like content pages and nested structures.
Server Connect schema generation is also optimized, so that no longer larger files are created than the absolute minimum.
And last but not least the App Flows are now official, so you can define them globally and use them on your pages. See Getting started with App Flows
We hope to soon add more and more powerful Flow actions like database access with PouchDB and other mobile specific Framework7 and SQLite actions. So you can enjoy the full power of App Flows in your mobile and desktop applications as well.
- Greatly improve grouped panels loading and rendering speed. Like the workflows with Server Connect and App Flows and Site Manager with Pages, Assets and Files Managers. Those load now fast and show instantly on switch.
- Improved main window close and memory usage and clean up
- Improved project switch speed when panels like Server Connect are open
- Improved the custom titlebar for Linux to include also the window actions
Database Connector & Updater
- Updated Database field types matching for Server Connect output schema
- Improved route picker in Server Connect to always generate absolute paths, even if project settings are for document relative links.
- Improved error checking and alerts about missing required route parameters
- Added extra confirmation for discard changes action
- Optimized the commit process for extra performance
- Expanded checkout strategy in discard all action, so it clears more files also uncommitted
- Improved the git url check, allows to use local paths also for repositories
- App Flows now officially available - no longer in experimental only
- Fixed dynamic parameters in the runJS flow action when used in inline flows
- Fixed the data bindings picker when App Flows are edited in the tab editor
- Improve schema generation for repeats, specially when using nested setValue steps inside. This was resulting in producing larger files in the past
- Auto generate also schema for Set Value steps when the expression is bound to other expression - the schema is not inherited
- Show in App Connect only fields from repeaters that have output on and only the selected output fields
- Fixed bug in expressions with complex parentheses in PHP
- Parse timestamps for date formatters
- Improve Data Pickers to show included partials in main layouts as well content pages
- Added new Toggle component for easy state toggling with an action. So you can quickly show and hide one or more components depending on it for example.
- 3 different actions are available - check, uncheck and toggle
- Checked property as static and dynamic attribute
- Improved picking from scoped expressions in nested array fields. Usually with select controls data field expressions or in formatters when formatting sub arrays
- Improved nested data picker for example data detail + form - to add always component prefix to avoid ambiguity
- Improved Data Picker on Content pages when picking from the Server Connect form return data or Detailed Region data
App Connect Validator
- Fixed equal to rules (it should search the other input only in the current form)
- How to include App Flow
- Table properties editor UI Ok and Cancel swapped around between different tables
- But with server side formatter for `dateAdd`
- String .replace right parentheses Fails
- App connect components not available if contained in partial
- V4.0.5 Security Provider Enforcer not displaying Security Restrict details in the popup window
- App Flows - Data Binding Picker not opening
- Data binding issue - can't select property of where clause
- Data binding issue - indexed expression gets corrupted
- Setting a value to a numeric addition actually concatenates strings [was: Bug Report from aschoijett #2021-6-4_14-50-30]
- API Action won't do math with values
- Bug Report - Can't perform math on Set Value action's values
- Inline Flow Param Adding Unnecessary Single Quotes