V4.0.5 Security Provider Enforcer not displaying Security Restrict details in the popup window

Wappler Version : 4.0.5
Operating System : MacOS
Server Model: ASP.NET
Database Type: MSSQL
Hosting Type: IIS

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

Security Provider Enforcer Popup window should display Security Restrict setup.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

Security Provider Enforcer Popup window is not displaying Security Restrict setup even when details have been added & saved from the window.

How to reproduce

Add Security Restrict details from the Security Provider Enforcer popup window and save. Click again on the Security Enforcer button - no Security Restrict details are visible even when the code has been correctly added to the page.

There is also document formatting issue after adding the Security Enforcer code, the formatter is matching opening/closing parenthesis/brackets from the security code with other tags on the page. This is adding extra tabbing on the left and pushing text in the document to the right. Please refer to the screenshot below:

From my experience, if the security enforcer part of the code gets formatted as shown in the screenshot, it becomes unreable by the Wappler UI.
Try deleting and adding the enforcer again, and don’t format it.

There was another post a day or two ago about UI not showing security enforcer info.

In any case, there is definitely an issue with ASP .NET here.

Hi @sid, I re-added the Security Enforcer after disabling Format Document on Save in the Options and it is showing correctly in the Enforcer Properties Window after saving the document.

I have noticed that extra spaces are getting added between the opening double quotes and property headers when document formatting is enabled.

I disabled the document formatting for PHP a while back because it had same kind of problems, it was sometimes corrupting the PHP code. Seems I also have to disable formatting for ASP and .NET.

I was having same issue in classic asp

There is an issue with formatting when using Partials as well. Code editor auto formatting with multiple partials @patrick
Is that something that is related? Becuase if that can’t be fixed, and you have to disable formatting again, it would just mean the formatting option will work only for JS/CSS/HTML files… and none of the PHP/ASPX/EJS files.

I have also come across another issue related to re-direction from content pages to login page (IIS - SPA setup). Before upgrading to v4.0.5, the redirection didn’t work correctly whenever the IIS web session got terminated. I needed to refresh the content page to trigger the re-direction to login page.

It started working correctly after upgrading. But In my testing I have seen that the page re-direction works only with the Security Restrict Enforcer code that has got additional spaces in it (document auto formatted on save). If I disable the global ‘Auto Document Format’ option, re-add the Security Enforcer with correctly formatted code, the re-direction stops working.

One of the situations that I have been testing for this redirection is related to termination of website session in IIS (InProc SessionState) if there is a new web.cofig file, which gets updated every time the main layout page containing routes is saved. After this session has been terminated, if any user tries to navigate to another content page, the Security Enforcer gets triggered as the session is no longer alive.

This issue seems to be related to the Security Enforcer code formatting, that’s why I have updated this post.

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.0.6

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.