W5 Beta: Can’t create GIT repository

W5 Beta 5
Win10
NodeJS

Hi!
When I click “Create repository”, I get the message “repository path … is not owned by the current user”.
It is the same for new projects and for old projects, created in 4.9.1

Is there perhaps a git repository in one of the parent folders?

No, there isn’t

Not sure what goes wrong, is there a .git folder in the folder or the parent?

You can try to download an other git client and try to initialize the repository there.
Git - Downloads (git-scm.com)

using command-line use the followin command

git init

“.git” folder appears in the new project when I click “Create Repository”. But it is not working.

I’ve also created a project placed in the hard drive root, it’s all the same.

I’ve made “git init” from the Wappler terminal, and it created .git folder in the new project. Still doesn’t work.
I will try other git clients as you suggesting.

I must notice, I also can’t see the repository, when I open an existing project that already has a repo.

I have tried another client. After the repository was created, Wappler still can’t see it.

So in Beta I can’t create or see already existing repos.

Also, I don’t see “nodegit” in the package.json in Wappler’s Beta configuration folder.

Still can’t figure it out. There are any other things that I can try?

Well it must be something specific on your computer. Maybe the folder has different security permissions?

Is it just one project that you can’t create git repository for or different?

Does it effects only new projects?

Do the Wappler 4 work with the same folder locations?

I’ve tried different project folders and even different hard drives, also tried to place the project folder in the disk root.

I’ve tried many old projects (with the same location I’m using for Wappler 4) and also tried new projects, created in W5.

All the same – Wappler 5 successfully created a git folder, but didn’t see it. And Wappler 4 sees them all (including ones, created in W5).

And if you inspect the security permissions for a folder what do you see? In the explorer properties, security?

Also try folder paths maybe without spaces, see if this helps

For both project folder and git folder seems like security permissions are normal. For all users it shows all permissions allowed, except “special permission” (last row).
(sorry it is not in English)

image image
It is look the same as for old W4 projects.

I’ve tried folder path without spaces, same.

Are you running Wappler as Administrator? This really not needed and running it with regular user that has administrator rights is enough.

Seems there are known problems when running got in processes as Administrator, see:

Indeed, it seems like this is the issue!

I have one user, that also Administrator.
I run all apps in the system (including Wappler 5 Beta) in a regular way, without “run as Administrator”.
But I’m not sure, what should I do now to run W5 correctly?

I see this issue for libgit2 was fixed and merged recently. Does this mean that eventually you update it in Wappler and my problem will be solved?

Well it seems somehow you are running Wappler 5 as administrator, check the properties or maybe try to reinstall it under the regular user.

Getting the latest libgit2 changes might take a while as the module we use nodegit runs a bit behind with libgit2

check the properties or maybe try to reinstall it under the regular user.

Ok, I will try something.

Getting the latest libgit2 changes might take a while as the module we use nodegit runs a bit behind with libgit2

Got it.

Thank you!