Using external libraries (Non Wappler Question)

Another Coffee Lounge question to try expand my understanding.

Trying to get this working

When you scroll down their instructions you find a big heading called API which confuses me a little because I always think of an API as an external entity you access with API calls, this is an internal library of scripts so why would it be called API? Sorry I am being daft but that seems strange to me.

See an API as rulebook that shows you how to communicate with programs. That program can be stripe or a simple js file.

1 Like

Ok, thanks so because it says API does not mean add an API action and try interact with it, because that was about to be my next trick

Exactly. Just follow the rules of the API. Some say you need to communicate via RESTful commands and others say call this method from your code. It depends on the type of API. You are just thinking of RESTful APIs.

1 Like

Thank you @JonL your answer has made me RESTful after that API heading caused me such unREST

1 Like

@JonL I got this working for a single image using copy and paste from their code, very easy indeed, but as far as I can recall you are a bit of a javascript and jquery expert, can you see any way of adjusting their GIT Demo supplied code to make this work with a repeat of images?

Any ideas or guidance would be ama zing.

Do you want to manipulate several images on the same page?

I would like to have say 10 preview images shown in a table and I select one, it opens in a modal and I can crop just that one, close the modal, open the next one down and rinse and repeat.

So sounded simple but with the way this code is all sitting in a jquery function im a little out of my depth.

The image sources all come from a database stored URL to the path on the pleb server with my 48K USD worth of “not My” processors.

Are you sure you want to use that library? It seems kind of dead. Last commit is from 5 years ago and there are still 10 bugs open since 2016 with no interaction.

I would rather use croppie,

But it looked like rocket science to me.

I spent 4 days trying with croppie, and threw it all in the bin as a very very failed attempt.

Bubble has a plugin for croppie…you could port the app to Bubble…:joy:

Croppie seems like a nice project to integrate with Wappler. I will take a look at it.

1 Like

I would kiss your A** and say thank you if you could

1 Like

The way I see it is I only need the client side from croppie, then if I can hand the final parameters over to Server Connect.
So thats the way i originally tried, something like this

I think you should just put a feature request to make Wappler App Connect component out of croppie instead of reinventing the wheel …

4 Likes

I thought I had put in a feature request for this quite a while back, let me see if I can find it, it was not specific to cropie, it was just for a client side cropper.

I’ve got a client side crapper here if you need one.

1 Like

Made a proper feature request, I really thought I had done one long ago, clearly not though, no wonder each week my hopes of it coming are dashed, i never even told you, so sad.

In the meanwhile if you have something that works @JonL while i wait I would be very interested.

Lol, I just re read this, no thanks, lol

Something like this?

1 Like