Up to date documentation please and thank you

This is so freak’n frustrating for a new user. The documentation does not match the UI. For example, I am trying to create a query to my db. Docs online at https://docs.wappler.io/t/creating-database-queries/2872 is meant to walk me through it but is nothing like the UI. I am stumbling around wasting time trying to figure this stuff out like a blind man. Are there new docs somewhere?

6 Likes

I was in the same boat last night and through searching the forum I discovered they moved the server connect & flow action under 1 icon. See my screenshot to see where you create the server connect action for db query. I will admit I am not 100% sure if I should be pushing them in the API section or just create a new folder but at least I was able to test.

1 Like

Thanks sevenrice. I don’t know how they expect us (any new users) to get anything done this way. I wonder if there is some way to use the prior version that matches the current documentation. What they are doing makes no sense to me. They have definitely put the cart before the horse here.

2 Likes

To create a DB query now, right click on API (maybe create a folder), then in the Steps, right click for adding a DB action:

1 Like

Thanks Fred_K. I will try to make this work. Still doesn’t address the fact that I only have access to documentation that doesn’t match the UI. What are we supposed to do, come to the community for every little thing!? Y’all are going to get pretty sick of me over the next while! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Staff is aware and will try to update the docs. They’ve been doing a lot of upgrades (too many in my opinion) which caused a backlog of bugs and growing need for doc upgrades.
Do not hesitate to ask away. The whole community and other newbies benefit from your questions and subsequent answers.

1 Like

Hello,
There are just a few things not matching the new UI, still the concept behind how Wappler works is the same.
We are currently working on updated docs, so soon they will match v4 UI.

2 Likes

Thanks Teodor. Do you have an ETA? Frankly, from what I can see (from my perspective as a newb) very little looks like the documentation. A real drag on the production for me.

2 Likes

The UI is indeed updated, but the logic behind is quite the same.
I don’t have an ETA right now, it’s a work in progress.

1 Like

In short, YES!

That is what I did a couple of years ago… the community was amazingly helpful and once I got over the initial set of questions the frequency of my simple requests became much less.

Wappler is a complex product which seems to evolve ahead of its documentation, but the community is an incredible resource for getting each and every question answered…

Just keep on asking! :rocket:

8 Likes

Thanks Antony. That is reassuring.

2 Likes

I can totally empathise with you, I went through exactly the same where I spent many, many hours working through problems scanning the forum, watching outdated tutorial videos and eventually asking for help.
I have on many occasions almost given up after comparing how simple a task would have been using straight php, js, html etc… my potty mouth has got some brand new swear words!!!

Bur remember the support here is very good and once you get past what is a steep learning curve Wappler becomes a joy to use.

2 Likes

Like Antony said - Yes, keep on asking! When I have time I try to jump on the forum to see if there are any questions I can help with (like right now, while eating lunch). We were all newbies once as well! I agree that the docs need some work, but once you get in the groove of the Wappler way you’ll find it really quite intuitive and incredibly powerful.

2 Likes

@Teodor, until the full changes are made to the docs, would it be possible just to put a short text note on the existing docs to explain simple UI changes (such as the API folder for server actions)?

@mebeingken, could you do the same in terms of a text note associated with your videos?

Hey Antony

AFAIK the videos in the course are up to date with what they support, version 3. They have had a pre purchase warning for months indicating they do no include content for Wappler 4 as the changes are too significant to patch the content.

3 Likes

Thanks jimPC

Thanks Heather_Mann

@Teodor, @George, can Wappler 3.9.9 still be made available to download to make the learning process easier while the docs are being updated? :thinking:

3 Likes

This helped me:

https://docsdev.wappler.io/guides/

Thanks. Still not up to date though.