Unable to use PouchDB Data Element

Wappler Version : v6.0.0-beta.1
Operating System : Windows 10 22H2
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: CouchDB and PouchDB
Hosting Type: Local Docker

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

After successful completion of CouchDB setup and deployment, when trying to add data elements should have an option to select the 3 PouchDB data elements.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

The three additional PouchDB data Elements are missing and unable to be used.

How to reproduce

• Detail a step by step guide to reproduce the issue
  • A screenshot or short video indicating the problem
  • A copy of your code would help. Include: JS, HTML.
  • Test your steps on a clean page to see if you still have an issue

Following these directions step by step - CouchDB and PouchDB Integration in Wappler when coming to the PouchDB section I am missing the PouchDB, PouchDB View, and PouchDB Detail options to pick from.

I created a new project and new CouchDB database under services and that did not fix the issue.

I can successfully login to the CouchDB admin panel and confirm the collections that were setup in Wappler are there.

Database manager connects successfully and is setup as “Local / couchDB” with database of “CouchDB and PouchDB”

I am very new user to Wappler so it is possible I am missing something on my end. However my intended use is full offline functionality with automatic syncing so I am starting with CouchDB/PouchDB as that is the best use to accomplish that.

Firstly ensure your are running beta 1. May sound strange but the version reporting can get confused with both installed. Make sure you close wappler in the tray icon also then restart beta 1
Check wappler settings and ensure you are on beta channel and have experimental features switched on
Lastly, if not on, you will need to restart wappler to activate.
Icons should then appear

Verified running Wappler 6.0.0-beta.1 by going to Help - About

Just now enabled the experimental features and restarted Wappler by right clicking icon in bottom right and just did a quit then reopened Wappler, ensuring I am still running the beta version.

Same result

As I said, version reporting can get confused and cannot be relied upon at this time.
Did you ensure wapper was fully closed including any tray icon or equivalent before reopening beta 6?

Got some time to do a bit more troubleshooting.

First just restarted the workstation because that should have been one of the first steps but that did not fix the issue unfortunately.

I uninstalled Wappler 5.8.2 and tested again using the Beta version. It is still not showing up. Then I also uninstalled / installed the 6.0.0-beta.1 installer and tested that again. Still missing the PouchDB options.

Thanks for your assistance in this.

Strange. I also experienced the same as you initially but ensuring I was running beta, turning on the beta channel and experimental options cured the issue (after a restart)
Not sure if can offer much more in the form of ideas, one for the wappler team I think

To add more onto this topic. I just completed testing on another workstation I have that has never had Wappler installed before. Starting a new project, again following the steps linked earlier I am still unable to see any PouchDB elements to utilize. So either the process in which I am doing this is flawed or there does seem to be a bug that I can replicate on multiple computers.

Are you 100% sure these are set

1 Like

Apologies I missed the Beta Channel option. When you mentioned it in an earlier post I misunderstood it as the beta build (installer). I changed to the Beta channel and Wappler completed the updates. After that I can see the PouchDB options.

I appreciate your assistance in this and the fault was my own.

1 Like