Unable to Identify Git Conflict When Pulling From Remote

Wappler Version : 5.2.2
Operating System : W10
Server Model: NodeJS

I have a bunch of files which are uncommitted, and I am trying to pull from remote.
When getting an error like this, there path of file(s) which are causing a conflict should be shown as well.
Its very difficult to identify from numerous pending files on my end and numerous files that were in last commit.
I don’t want to create a local commit before pulling since it will then create an unneccesary merge in git tree.

2 Likes

I have also been on the receiving end of this issue. More details would be better concerning the conflict.

This usually happen when remote repository is not the main head but rather the local head and you have uncommitted changes on another local branch that is not yet merge locally or committed locally. Have you made commit on the other branch and switched back to the local main branch then did the pull request?

In my case, I am not switching branches, just taking a pull from remote, with uncommitted changes.

What you are referring to is another case… this error shows up when trying to switch branches with uncommitted changes. Branch does not matter. But this is another example of where this error needs to be improved.

I see what you saying now. You would think it would be obvious to add the git log to such things (error) initially. Well I hope its a easy fix next update.

Bump.

Bump.

I by default use external tools such as github desktop to pull and push, as there’s nearly always undescriptive errors with no help on how to fix them with the inbuilt git.

Adding some errors would be a good step. Ideally it does the same as in github desktop, and allow you to fix conflicts with VS code or even inside of Wappler

Another bump.

Bump. @patrick

Any update on this? Don’t really understand the challenge around this.
There is already a setup for FTP and DB test options, where errors are handled with correct message displayed in alert.

Bump.

@patrick Any chance this could be fixed in the next update? Really annoying.

Another bump.

Still awaiting a solution. @patrick

Any update on this @patrick?
Have to deal with this every couple of days.

What kind of conflicts are those? Are you editing all the same file? Is it a specific file?

I am not sure I understand your question.
Conflicts are on files which have different status on local and remote.

As written in the post:

I mean you are getting a conflict when trying to pull from remote, seems like a file is changed locally as well on remote.

If you use a different git client maybe you can indentify which file that is and what were the changes.

I’m curious if those changes were made by you or Wappler.