Tooltip inside a repeat

With Bootstrap 4 I have a button with a tooltip set up like that dmx-bs-tooltip="'test'" inside a repeat div.

When hovering the button the tooltip doesn’t show. I’ve tested a tooltip outside the repeat section and it worked.

It seems to be related to the way repeat div create children without enabling bootstrap tooltip (found topics on the same issue with angular ng-repeat).

Tooltips should be working fine inside repeats. Can you share a link to your page, where we can test this please?

1 Like

Unfortunately the app is behind a login which is reserved for our customer.

If it should work I’m gonna run some more tests to see what the issue or if it’s just my usage that break the tooltips.

Well maybe send me a link in a personal message with some temporary login, where i can check this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the repeat, where the tooltip is located, in a modal?

1 Like

No ultimatly I want the tooltip to be on a badge inside a button.

I’ve ran some more tests and that’s working:
image image

but not this:

Not sure what to think :expressionless: any ideas?

EDIT:

If it’s relevant this is the data of the serverconnect component I’m using:

{
    "result": {
        "score": {
            "String A": 0,
            "String B": 0,
            "String C": 0,
            "String D": 0
        },
    }
}

Is it with bootstrap 4 or 5?

It’s bootstrap 4

I’m not able to reproduce the problem. Tested it with same kind of object and the keys formatter, tooltips show correctly for me. Do you get any errors in the console of the browser when you open de devtools?

No error in console.

The issue happen when I use a formatter, custom or from Wappler.

If I use in my repeater var_test.value it work but if I use keys() on an object or a custom formatter that return a static array (return [1, 2, 3]) the tooltip are not working.

So far the only thing that is not working is tooltip if I display $value inside the repeater in each scenario the result is correct.

Are you still having difficulty with this? I have found an issue using tooltips with dynamic data:

The tooltips are currently only initialised on page load, so anything dynamically created comes afterwards and therefore misses the initialisation.

1 Like

I’ve pushed this “feature” at the end of the backlog waiting for a solution. Gonna try your fix and I’ll tell you if it fixed my issue.

1 Like

Thank you it’s working as intended now :smiley:

1 Like

This has been fixed in Wappler 3.7.7

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.