Target no longer showing in MySQL connection dialog

v3.5.0
Mac
PHP

The target option seems to have disappeared in the connection dialog:

Not sure when this happened but I’ve just noticed it today when checking out this new version.

I have two targets set up in my project and they’re both using the same connection details so one no longer works.

Actually with the new global settings features of server connect in Wappler 3.5 there is no need to select the target on the database connection dialog.

The global connection files are already saved per target and depend on the currently selected target.

So if you want different options for other target, just switch first to it and then edit again.

That is why we also include the target name in the title of the global connection properties pane.

1 Like

That makes sense and is a good solution. However, when switching to the other target, the connection settings didn’t change so it looks like the transition to v3.5.0 doesn’t pick up the different targets. I need to wait for the fixes as I’ve disabled experimental features.

That said, with experimental features disabled, I still don’t have the option to select the connection target.

with the experimental features off you can do this just like you’ve done it until now …

But i can confirm this happens in the UI when the experimental features are on. @George will check this.

I’m afraid I still don’t have the Target option in the Database Connection dialog even with experimental features turned off.

Have you restarted Wappler and what server model are you using? Where do you open the database connection options form?

Yes, I’ve restarted it several times. I’m using PHP on a Mac. I have a Server Connect Action File which I call ‘main’ which is the first one I create and I put my initial Database Connection in there and then save it as a linked file.

Interestingly, if I open the Database Connection in another Action File the target is there. It seems it’s the initial one that was used to create the connection in the first place which doesn’t then have the target dropdown.

Hope that helps.

Fixed in Wappler 3.5.2

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.