Support for custom servers over SSH in Resource Manager

When trying to create a connection in Resource Manager (to manage my client’s server remotely), there is no way to connect to a custom server. You can choose only from the suggested cloud providers:

Due to the fact that the support for managing remote docker machines will be reduced:

Feature Request:

@Mr.Rubi Thank you for this request!

For me it is incredibly important to be able to use any VPS for hosting and not only from the available list.

When last year the possibility to connect to any VPS in Docker Machines was added, I instantly switched to this option.
I really was stuck at the moment and couldn’t figure out my project’s scalability problem because of using Plesk.
New feature allowed me to leave the outdated “Plesk and FTP” way and move to Docker. Turns out, it is indeed a simple, convenient and scalable way to deploy projects.

I see that “Docker Machines” is deprecated and there would be no new features in Wappler affiliated with it.

So I think it would be awesome to allow the users to be able to deploy to any VPS and at the same time take advantage of all Wappler features like Resource Manager.

1 Like

What’s the outlook create Wappler image for deployment and integration of wappler project management? Similar to Portainer agent.

Bump

Bump again, so people can get rid of docker-machine sockets, let’s push everyone for SSH!

The new SSH deployment is so good :relaxed:

2 Likes

This is now possible in Wappler 5.6.1

We’ve updated the docs, now they show how to connect to a custom server.

1 Like