Stuck on "Starting Docker" (but it successfully starts) - M1 macOS 13.4

Wappler Version : 5.5.3 and 5.6.2
Operating System : macOS 13.4 (M1)

I had to update my docker (4.19.0) for an unrelated reason, and since then Wappler is stuck in “Starting Docker” mode, even after successfully doing it. This also happens when docker was already running when opening Wappler.

Rolling back to Docker 4.16.2 solves the issue (not working with anything between as well).

Fun fact: once Wappler is running an thinks that docker is on, I can update and use Docker on the latest version, everything works fine until restart.

Please let me know if you need more information!

How did you roll beack the docker? I’m also experiencing stuck starting docker but I’m using Macbook Pro Intel chip.

Hi @caleb!

You can download old versions from here: https://docs.docker.com/desktop/release-notes/

Rolling back to 4.16.2 also fixed the Wappler / Docker issues on my mac too

1 Like

Confirmed this problem with another Wappler freelancer, rolling back to 4.16.2 fixes the issue

Project wasn’t starting at all with a recent Docker version

In this case, it was an Intel Mac

Hi @George!

On the current wappler version, even rolling back Docker doesn’t work. Is there a manual way to trick wappler to go past the starting docker phase so I can deploy? I’m stuck now :confused:

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated :smiley:

Do you have exactly the same problem?

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

Thank you for looking into this issue @George, here is the log file:

report1688294248862.zip (178.1 KB)

Let me know if you need anything else!

Armed with the error msg from the log file, found the solution here:

sudo ln -s ~/.docker/run/docker.sock /var/run/docker.sock

This does not seem to be a Wappler bug, but something related to os updates :wink:

EDIT: Even better solution https://github.com/lando/lando/issues/3533#issuecomment-1550034828

This was also improved in Wappler 6 beta’s to detect even the user docker socket.