Stripe Integration Question

Are all the databases you need integrated with Stripe API or do they have to be built and try and get the API to work with them? I may have a project to do that will require online payments.

From what I remember from @Hyperbytes tutorials in https://community.wappler.io/c/docs/ecommerce there were some databases that needed to be created and used on the website that “talked” to the Stripe API.

Brad, it depends on what level of Stripe interaction that you want. In my case, I have used the Square payment system which is similar to Stripe.

My client did not want to use the full functionality of Square, he was only interested in getting his money. The end result: I have a payment system (only) and once payment has been approved, the website stores the relevant information - 3 tables, namely customers, orders, items - and sends the invoice/receipt.

Basically all I need (which was very easy to accomplish with the DMX Paypal extension) is to collect the buyers name and email address. I need it for theatre ticket online sales. I don’t need shipping as all tickets are held at the box office for the buyer. I don’t need taxes or anything either.

When tickets are purchased I need to be notified somehow. Email is fine.

So I need buyers to be able to choose a performance night, select how many tickets they want and pay online.

We will soon add more ready to go App Connect frontend components for Stripe based on their Stripe checkout and Stripe Elements.

So you will be able to do quick checkout without any complex backends.

See

5 Likes

Thanks George. It is good to know that something is planned. To me eCommerce is the one big thing Wappler is missing.

1 Like

Such as a repeat region in the body of an email to send the invoice. (sorry couldn’t resist)

2 Likes

Any kind of an expected timeline on this?

1 Like

Do you know if this will support SCA requirements? Most Stripe tutorials are based on the older charge methods which no longer comply with new European regulations.

I know that Stripe Checkout, Payment Intents API and Stripe Elements will all be compliant.

I’m just starting on Stripe integration for a site and spotted this thread. @George, can you give any rough timings on when the components for Stripe might be available? If they are in the works and coming out next Thursday then I’ll hold fire.

I doubt it will be any time soon, unfortunately. I have a project that is just waiting for some sort of cart/processing to be included in Wappler.

I love the weekly updates, there’s a proper sense of excitement to see what features have been added. But having some kind of roadmap, even if it doesn’t have accurate dates, would really help so projects can be planned. At the moment we just get hints every now and then but no details until a feature is actually released. They’re working on something for next week but it really could be anything.

1 Like

@George, any news on this or has it been completely forgotten? eCommerce is the one big thing I am missing in able to ditch Dreamweaver completely.

Direction integration would be great. I know it’s not the right answer Brad but Stripe Checkout was relatively simple to setup - https://community.wappler.io/t/stripe-checkout-tutorial/21518

I haven’t tackled Stripe Elements just yet.

Thanks Max, I have looked over that well-written tutorial. Unfortunately, it’s still on greek to me. I can’t even get past the creating a cart portion of setting up credit card payments.

I currently use this and would love to have something similar in Wappler. This one is so easy to use and works very well.

1 Like

Hey Brad. Stripe recently released their hosted customer portal. If you use this their charges fo increase but it does make the integration incredibly easy! Worth taking a look at.

Stripe Customer Portal seems to be for subscriptions only?

Sorry Brad, missed the post re the specific use case. I do believe this is subscriptions only do not useful for you.

@brad not sure where you are up to with Stripe now but looks like they’ve expanded the fully hosted solution for transactions too and not just subscriptions:

https://stripe.com/payments/checkout

1 Like

Thanks @mgaussie, I have managed to get a fully operational system set up. It is in testing now. Hope to finalize it in the next few days.

2 Likes