Splash Screen Linux

Wappler Version : 4.3.2
Operating System : Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Server Model:
Database Type:
Hosting Type:

Expected behavior

Display nice animated splash screen on launching Wappler.

Actual behavior

See below image.

How to reproduce

Launch Wappler in Linux. Animation and splash do not display correctly. Reminiscent of a 48k Spectrum loading screen.

:slight_smile:

Yes we have a special trendy/retro linux version :slight_smile:

J/k - - I noticed that as well seems some chrome display problems, but is it not only one time?

1 Like

Evening George,
To be honest just got some time to sit down and begin to set everything up to mirror my old Windows environment. Haven’t noticed any other display issues as of yet but will keep an eye out. Everything is running so much faster than Windows ever did, and is a real joy. Currently only working within a PHP Project so am going through all the Checks to make sure everything is installed correctly to continue, then will be on to Electron and Mobile Projects, which am sure will take a little further configuration to get working, hopefully nothing too difficult. If I do come across anything will create a separate report based upon any such discoveries. Locating the correct JDK on Oracle is a pain in the backside, one thing I did come across when trying to rescue my Windows install before I got fed up with it and migrated across… Any plans to implement the latest JDK to avoid the hunt for 1.8? Although saying that I’ll see how it goes on Ubuntu as may be a whole other story. Have reviewed a few tutorials on setting up Android Studio and Java under Linux but am sure will come across a few things that hold me up, and will be back to pick the Teams brains. As it is entirely new to me using Wappler on Linux will try to document my set-up with what is a success so others have some guidance if required… So happy to be off of Windows, its terrible since the recent updates and preparations for Windows 11, no better time to abandon it!

If I see any Chrome display issues will report them to you, as mentioned above.

Really do appreciate you guys putting the effort in to the multiple OS variants of Wappler! Has made my migration comfortable. All good!

I like to feel special hahaha! Trendy and retro simply a bonus!

:smiley:

I don’t know about the problem or Linux … but I love your screen desktop image! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Attached below if you want a copy Brad. Can’t claim to have created it, I love broken glass effects on monitors, I found this one in an image search… Not the greatest resolution, 1920 x 1080.

1 Like

found the magic key for the animation and better gpu experience on Linux - will be fixed in the next update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @George! In a sort of weird way will be sad to see this bug fixed.

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.4.0

1 Like

Just to confirm all working wonderfully in 4.4.1 gentleman, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.