Sortable Component in Wappler

Sortable Component

Can you give an example of when this would be useful? Maybe a site that already uses this method?

If this is for reordering items on an admin page - so items will appear in a particular order - then this is a something I use a lot.

It would be useful if there were a feature for this in Wappler, but there is a very good tutorial by @t11 here:

Yeap I need …I want to create database driven bootstrap navbar

Hi Serhat, how is the navbar related to drag and drop reordering of items? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Teodor,
I mean , menu items (buttons ) :blush:. I want to create sortable menus (drag&drop) on admin page like this example

https://www.codeproject.com/Tips/526004/%2FTips%2F526004%2FDatabase-Driven-Dynamic-Menu-Control

I can’t imagine a feature quite like that would be added to Wappler. (I think menus like that can be useful - but they were excluded from Bootstrap and are not as popular as they were.)

However, the main challenge - having a means to control the order of menu items using drag and drop (however that menu is created) - is covered in the tutorial I linked to. As items are reordered, the relevant field in the database (which controls the sort order) is updated.

Hi Serhat,
I can’t find anything in this tutorial related to drag&drop :slight_smile:
The original poster suggested drag&drop to be added. Are you referring to multi level menu, as this is not really planned and we are not fans of multi level menus in responsive design?

Example of use

1 Like

Maybe this video can help what I am saying :slight_smile: sorry I cant tell my idea

2 Likes

yes, yes, yes :slight_smile: This is what I want,
it is wonderful :wink:

Has any of the drag and drop reordering feature ever added yet to Wappler?

This will be a great addition to Wappler. Voted.

1 Like

I think this thread should be merged with this one, where @George suggested what they might use. It looked like a great idea.

A feature like this would be near the top of the list of features I would like added in Wappler.

3 Likes