Something great is taking shape on the horizon 🚀

I like it a lot!

Great job Jeroen. I really like the freshness of the new logo but I think a different font would work better. I think a lighter, contemporary minimalistic font would reflect the bright, airy logo rather than distract with an older heavier style.

Here’s an example of a simpler font…

(PS: That font is called sansation light)

1 Like

The 3D view of the logo is mind-blowing, but it reminds me the story of myntra, how people trolled,

1 Like

i really like it… but i would have kept it clean… without to many colors within the logo…

But we are all diffrent… you like … blue… i like red… you like fuzzy … i like sharp… i like skinny woman… you like fat woman… i like porsche… you like ferrari…

so the point is… you will never ever please everybody… and you will just have to go with what you like…

but now that everybody gives some input… here is mine…

2 Likes

Well it looks great on both white and dark backgrounds:

and yes @Max_Saravia - t-shirts, caps, badges, awards are coming up :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Nice!

7 Likes

Does that mean an awards gathering :beers:?

2 Likes

Love it.

Exactly my feelings.

As per the font: I think it matches well. It plays its role to give that feeling of joy and play, which in turn makes it feel easy/lighter.

Which in my humble opinion is exactly what Wappler needs. This is exactly the same step Integromat has done recently in their rebranding to ‘Make’.

They went from this:

To this:

It feels more playful and lighter. I think this is a great rebranding which actually feel like a ‘version 2’. An upgrade. (Although it doesn’t have many new features afaik - it’s all emotional)

This new logo gives me exactly that. BUT I would recommend to do another pass through the UI of wappler so it doesn’t create a mismatch.

2 Likes

Very nice, I like the colour fade :ok_hand:

Round 2:

Well our designer logo Jeroen is getting really motivated by all your feedback! So keep it up

Here is his new more streamlines proposal and font variations:

Font variations

Font 1:

Font 2:

Make your choice:

• Font 1
  • Font 2

0 voters

Better alignment and symmetry

Great App icons

16 Likes

It feels amazing to be involved as a community in these things. I never thought that even marketing and branding could also be a community thing.

As I’ve said so many times: team, product and community.

Suck that Bubble :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Don’t want to ruin a party here, but I don’t like it. :sweat_smile:

First, about the icon part.

1. Image meaning is not clear. It is kinda “W”, I get it, but only when I see it with “Wappler” text.
It is too weird “W” to be easily distinguished.
Without “Wappler” hint it is just two vertical lines and one third is looking from behind them. I don’t see “W”.
Of course it is not supposed to be only “W”, maybe it has another meaning. But in this way, this other association must be clear anyway. Currently, I don’t see it.
Only real working impression for me is that it is an icon for chart app.

2. One of the reasons why it is hard to see “W” is that there are three colors used here. Too much. That’s why I only see three thick lines of different colors.

3. Lines are too thick, so as the smaller the logo gets, then it is harder to distinguish the letter "W”.

4. Color mixing in the logo is strange. Yellow on pink looks like some artifact from layout left unpurposely. And the bottom part of the pink line looks muddy.

5. Logo feels unbalanced, disproportional. Obviously it has more weight on the right side. Feels like it is going to fall on the left side. This gives me a little anxious feeling.

6. Those colors definitely look fresh and playful by themselves, can’t argue with that. I like those colors when I see them on websites. But they look good only on a dark background. Because they are bright.
I think on the white background they kinda lose their attractiveness.

7. And I just can’t see the character in this logo. It looks like some generic 2022 trendy logo that basically can be attached to any product.
On the contrary, the current Wappler logo is unique. It is weird, but in a good way. My first thought about it was “You must have a unique vision and you must be confident about it to make this unusual thing”. And this impresion is also true about the Wappler itself. So the logo reflects the product. This is the character I am talking about.

Overall, unfortunately, I think this new icon logo is unprofessional in general.
I don’t wanna be rude or hurt anybody. I just want the best for Wappler so I am being frank here.

So my vote for trying something completely different (supposedly with a different designer).

About font.

1. Definitely don’t like the wavy “W” in “Wappler” in the first version of the font. “W” in the second version is ok.
2. I think, more “serious” “not-rounded” version looks more suitable for Wappler. But short “legs” of “p”’s in the second version looks strange.

Love it! I’d definitely wear some clothing with that logo on it!

2 Likes

Font1 looks boring.
Font2 is too “playful”, but easier on the eyes than 1.

Without going too deep into the observations by Nick, i agree that the logo looks a bit generic. But I don’t mind this over the current one.

Sorry, but I see two hearts together. One above the other with certain inclination. The logo itself doesn’t represent the W without the Wappler text. I see two hearts.

1 Like

Loving the debate, and that you are getting us involved @George! :tada:

I went through my branding last year, and we started with the feeling the product should engender in others, followed by any specific message about the relationship to the product itself.

I’m wondering if you went about this branding activity from a similar perspective @George, and what those initial ideas were…

The new logo is not just the letter W - it represent an artist brush stroke, you usually start such a sketch stroke on a new painting, try our the colors. Then the stroke gets better and better and at the end straightens up. That is also the idea with Wappler - you start experimenting with your creativity and finally deliver a full professional product (the straight line)

Indeed in our previous logo there was also a lot of hidden meaning. It was artistic and fully hand drawn, disproportional on purpose. Representing the creative touch. So it definitely had a good vibe but it was missing the professionalizing of the work. Also the red color was too specific.

So we feel now that our product is getting on the next stage and so the logo should as well.
Still use your full creative potential - but also deliver full professional products at the end.

With the new logo and colors I think we are achieving much better vibe now and bringing Wappler to the next level.

The fonts next to the logo still need more work though, as you can see from the poll :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Jeroen is a talented brand designer, I can tell.
The logo is reminiscent of a blossoming flower, of a cartoonish hand or a pantone color chart and of a W of course.
It is modern, trendy, friendly. However as buddy Jon said, it looks almost too friendly compared to the sophistication of the software, which does not look as friendly itself IMHO.
But I’m confident you’re working on a better looking software so stick to this logo.
Many members here overthink the design. Have they ever wondered the intricate how’s and why’s of brands like Amazon, Apple, Twitter,…? I think not.
Humans tend to absorb what’s around them, what comes across and accept it as is. It will be the same with your new logo. Not a single new customer will ever complain about it being too this or too that.
Bravo! :tada:

4 Likes

I generally think a good logo is one which, when you see it appear somewhere you immediately link it to the company or product but that is mostly achieved by the marketing rather than the logo itself.

If I ever see the current swirrly W logo then I instantly connect it because I’ve seen it so many times. So the in-depth thinking of how and why a logo looks like it does isn’t so important in my view. But a well designed one, and the ones shown here are well designed with the grid demonstrating the spacing, etc. is what will make it work.

Bravo indeed.

1 Like

I have to say that the more I look at the new logo with the initial font, the more I like it. I like the initial font more than the other 2 proposed fonts. But this is of course only my humble opinion :slight_smile: .