Some basic questions as I consider using Wappler

I handcode websites, using HTML and CSS. However I’m reaching the extent of my knowledge and am struggling with javascript, responsive drop down menus, slideshows, show/hide, forms , intergrating social media feeds etc.

Would Wappler allow me to continue to handcode websites (without using Bootstrap) and “drop in” pre-built elements and functions that I find trickier?

I’ve had a look at Webflow. There are a few things I don’t like the look of and I’m wondering how Wappler compares:

• Webflow sets the (responsive) break points. It isn’t easy to set your own break points.

• Webflow doesn’t cope with REM units well. And I use REM a lot.

• I don’t like not being able to see the code.

Hi @Mark
Welcome to Wappler Community.
I too come from a similar background where I coded everything using custom HTML/CSS/JS along with 3rd party tools for some of the more advanced controls/options.

You can hand-code websites even with Wappler, but to use the App Connect framework & its various drag-drop elements etc, you absolutely need Bootstrap.
Bootstrap not only gives a nice UI, it takes care of all responsive stuff… giving a good UX too.

This is was one of the biggest challenges when switching to Wappler. But once I got the hang of Bootstrap classes, everything became much-much faster and simpler.

There are options to change breakpoint widths in settings, but haven’t used them. Following standard breakpoints has worked well for me so far.

Design panel allows for custom CSS units, so should not be a concern.

Never been an issue with Wappler.

You can read more about Others vs Wappler on other posts:

2 Likes