Server Model: NodeJS - Mobile app
Database Type: MariaDB
Hosting Type: Shared

Expected behavior

Socket.io should work with my mobile app

Actual behavior

I see some errors and it’s not working

How to reproduce

I created a web app to get the latests news from a RSS feed and it’s working with the new Live refresh feature (Socket).
I created a mobile app to get the same data and I get the data but the live refreshing feature is not working and I see an error in my Chrome Dev Console.

Here is a video of the issue: https://jmp.sh/or8mnLC

Thanks!

I see your problem - in your mobile app the script include to socket.io should include your full website url infront.

So in your case:

<script src="/socket.io/socket.io.js" defer=""></script>

should become:

<script src="https://passiongaming.net/socket.io/socket.io.js" defer=""></script>

Will see if we can improve this

1 Like

Hey Stefi,
Actually my website was getting new posts from a few websites RSS Feeds automatically with Integromat.
Every time a new post was published, Integromat adds it in my datatabase, and my website simply show all the posts, that’s it :slight_smile:

The url i prefix to the socket.io include , gets cleared every time i save . i am using the latest wappler version.
i’m trying to implement live refresh with socket in my mobile app, the backend is built with node.js, when i add live refresh with socket to a server connect element, it doesn’t return a query , while searching i came across this solution , but the url i prefix to the socket.io include , gets cleared every time i save the page

I hit this as well as I make white label builds for the app and need dozens of variables set depending on the tenant.

You can use cordova hooks to insert the proper script. Have a look at the before_build and after_prepare hooks. You can use those to find/replace the script to get the proper domain inserted.

thanks for your response, i am using capacitor, i wonder if this solution will work with capacitor?

i have tried it, it didn’t work .

Have a look at my already posted Bug report.

1 Like

Fixed in Wappler 5.1.1

This topic was automatically closed after 31 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.