Session Storage Item name in Node

In the Node server model, created a data component of Session Storage Manager and created a session variable. Trying to set that session variable from a drop-down. When I set value, the session name is not available from the drop-down list. I can’t even add it manually. Works fine in all other server models.

I’ve set my session:

But can’t access it here:

@Teodor @George
experiencing the same issue… also using nodeScreen Shot 2020-10-10 at 11.27.43 AM Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 11.28.45 AM Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 11.28.53 AM

@turn3636 i think i figured it out… if you are doing a SPA or using a layout page… you probably have 2 sessions named “session1”… do a search and both will show… change the name of the session to a different name and the you should be able to access them separately… if nothing is showing still then it is because that session storage has no variables in it… this is what worked for me

Thanks, I’ll try that. This is a new site, and I don’t think I have any other sessions, but I will give it a shot.

Hello turn3636,
Did you figure this out, i am having similar issue.
Please let me know.
Banky

I was able to get this to work. You have to apply the session to the layout page. Then in the content page you can select your session storage.

1 Like

This should also work fine in Wappler 3.3.6
No matter where you have the session defined - on the main page or content page.

George, I created a new Node project, created a layout page, and then a content page. Added the session on the content page. When I try to select that session in the data picker, the list is blank.

When I create the session manager on the main layout page, the session storage item does show up.

Have you defined your global session variables first?

I am not sure. Is this in a different place than the other server models?

This topic was automatically closed after 28 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.