Server action not saving

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.17134
  • Wappler Version : 2.2.3

Problem description

Server Action does not save after creation of query.

Steps to reproduce

1. Establish Data Base Connection
  2. Build Query
  3. Save action - does not save data.

This has only begun after the installation of version 2.2.3. Because the server action is not saved, it is impossible to trouble shoot any further because all one gets is a file not saved message.

Hello,
Is this a new server action, or is this some old one?
Have you checked the “Test Connection” button in the database connection step?
How is the query set up exactly?

This is a new server action, but uses connection to data base that was working with no problems. The query is a simple query, chose the table and return all the columns of the query. The " test connection" indicates that the connection with the database is being made.

So your database connection says “Connection OK”?
Please post a screenshot of the query dialog where we can see what’s selected.

Yes

Please:

I am unable to open anything because the file is not being saved or discarded.

Well, please remove the whole server action and build it again. Then add the query again and send a screenshot of the query builder dialog.

I discard the file and then try to to set it up again.

1. Set connection: choosing any stored connection returns an error message in RED, reading
    SYNTAX ERROR: Invalid or unexpected token
    Load Failed.
    This flashes on for about 3 seconds and I can not get a screen shot of it.

I can not use an existing stored connection. So I set up a new one. The connection is made>

I then set up the query:

And attempt to save;

And get the same notice - please note the success alert for saved file does not display.

I also started a new project and went through the same sequence, with the same results- it appears that the new feature of disabling out put may not be working correctly and interfering with the save process. That is the only thing that I can find different.

The SYNTAX ERROR, reported above still reoccurs if you attempt to set up a new file using a previously stored connection.

Is this on the screenshot the notice you mention?
Why not click save?
Can you actually provide a step by step explanation of what are you doing, so we can try reproducing it?

I am not able to capture the SYNTAX ERROR alert Notice that is rapidly displayed. The wording is:

SYNTAX ERROR:
Invalid or unexpected token
Load Failed.

This is displayed when I select a previously established connection. What appears to be happening, is that the connection is not being saved.

The process that I am using is the normal one:

1.Add a new file to Server Action. Assign it a name.
2.Select “Steps” Execute -
a. select Database connection from list of stored connections ( this used to work, now throughs the Syntax Error mentioned above)
3. Because selection of stored connection does not work, I then set up a new connection with a different name. These connections are confirmed.
4. Steps: Database Query- choose query options: select table, select all columns and click OK.
5. Click on SAVE, – nothing happens except “output” icon appears - there is no File Saved Notice.

1. Can not do anything else unless saver action file is discarded, which merely means nothing is saved but file name still shows.

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.17134
  • Wappler Version : 2.2.3

Problem description

Steps to reproduce

report_2019-8-9_14-51-18.zip (84.2 KB)