Self-hosted Open Source cool tools I've stumbled upon recently

Although I do like open source self-hosted just remember the purpose of this thread is to find tools that complement Wappler’s development workflow :slight_smile:

Notion alternatives(outline, notea, etc) are ok if you are going to use them to document your app development. So they can be considered indeed.

I just write this as a reminder so you guys don’t lose focus on the why. It easy to go from notion alternatives to a google photos self hosted alternative without noticing.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for the kind words and thanks @JonL for the initial mention.

I’m from the Appsmith team and the entire team is hard at work, the last few months have seen a tremendous interest in our project and everyone is burning the midnight oil to come up with new features, nurturing the community and (sigh) fixing bugs :wink:

1 Like

Segment alternative:

Loom alternative:

Doesn’t really fit in this topic, but still it could be interesting for you guys when trying to explain a bug, a problem your are looking a solution for or just to showcase something.

2 Likes

two great shares here.

1 Like

The project is young, the documentation is minimal, but I tried it, it looks promising!

• Connect to new/existing SQL database and turn them into spreadsheet.
  • It is free & self-hostable. Let your imagination be thy limit.
  • Create grid view, gallery view, kanban view and calendar view (not ready) on top your data.
  • Search, sort, filter columns and rows with ultra ease.
  • Collaborate just like spreadsheet.
  • Provides REST & GraphQL APIs with Swagger & GraphiQL GUI
2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: NocoDB usage

Newsletter and mailing list manager:

1 Like

Heroku alternative:

2 Likes

Report generator, from JSON to pdf, xslx, docx, odt…

4 Likes

Thanks, @JonL !

Coolify looks really interesting.
I’m going to take a deeper look. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Auth0 alternative:

3 Likes

Optimizely alternative:

2 Likes

Thanks Roberto. Unfortunately it’s not self-hosted and not Open Source.

1 Like

Sorry I will delete it. I was so enthusiast that I forget self hosted and open… :frowning:

No problems. It happens :slight_smile:

I just post OS and self-hosted tools because I think pushing commercial software can lead to an ugly place here in the forum.

2 Likes

100% agree with you. And really must says that this thread is really nice resource !!

2 Likes

Hi Jon,

Did you ever try the OhMyForm package? What is it like? It looks like a super interesting alternative to Typeform!

I am afraid I haven’t had the chance to test it.

I’ll try it out and report back :sunglasses:

1 Like

So I did try it out… It is still pretty alpha.

It’s fairly easy to setup locally. I had to downgrade node to v14 in order for it to work. The form editor right now seems very very basic. No conditional logic, as far as I can tell. Also no options to easily insert images in the questions or change the way to form is presented through the interface (other than some color and font changes).

So as it is right now, I wouldn’t say it is worth running this instead of making your survey in Wappler or Google Forms or whatever.

Another thing I’m going to try out is this repo here that makes a Typeform style form with some JQuery:
Link to codepen repo

I’ll share here if that works nicely with Wappler.

1 Like