Selectable query in Query Builder

I’m sure I’ve seen this mentioned before but can’t seem to find it.

Would it be possible to make the query generated by Query Builder to be selectable text so it can be copied/pasted to test in a database tool?

Yes this! ^^^^

Would make creating custom queries with conditions so much easier. Seems like it should be a simple thing to do and would be so appreciated.

2 Likes

Yes!!! Please!

The problem here is that the sql code you see is just pseudo code that includes custom parameters.

So even if we allow to copy it and run it in external tool, it won’t run without many modifications.

So then we will be getting posts like: the generated sql is invalid as it doesn’t run in my tool …

Appreciate that but it would be a lot easier than writing the code from scratch if say you wanted to replicate a query as a view.

You’re not providing a ‘copy this code’ feature that would be expected to run as-is so shouldn’t get any complaints; just a way for people who want to be able to copy the foundations of a query.

1 Like

Probably sneak in a hidden shortcut or button? And inform about that in release notes only.
If its not in the UI, those who don’t know about this, will not be using it. And for us, it would be a great time saver.

1 Like

Ok will see what we can do, making it simply selectable should be possible and what you do with it is up to you :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Cheers George. Much appreciated!

Yes yes yes! Thank you!

Tired of open code view and copy the query…LOL

This has been implemented in Wappler 5.1.5

1 Like