Search Filter blocking data table display

I created a php display page that shows 8 fields that I selected to see from one table.

But I want to create a Search Page with an Input form at the top of the page before the Rows & Columns.

What is different from the instruction page I link below I used the Bootstrap Generator tool instead of the manual Rows & Columns & then binding cell by cell to the actual data field I want to show in place of the default “helper” data.

So, when Using the Bootstrap 4 Table Generator, I get a nice horizontal display of data rows with Bootstrap default styling.

However, when I try to use the following page of instructions to create a Search Filter input as the Instructions show – over & over the Text Input does not get displayed on the page. Following the same steps as the instruction manual shows even with step-by-step saving of action files the php page does not get a visual text input inserted.

However the Filter I create over and over is invoked, nevertheless before the page loads
So all I get is the Header but not the data anymore.

Obviously, the Bootstrap dynamic data table generator does not interface with the Query filter input the way it does in the following pages online –

I have been following this page

I will upload one working data view with bootstrap styling & Bootstrap Table Generator
&
the same data view after I install a Filter for one field where the input text search box does not appear and the data will not display because the filter is working invisibly with no input to search for.

This is the Wappler page code when I create the Search Filter to search the first field.
No search box
No data

When I remove the Search I see the data again.

Not sure what the issue is looking at your screenshots but it doesn’t matter if you are using table generator or not.
Just generate your table and then add the filter then following the tutorial - it should work perfectly fine :slight_smile:

Try adding a default date value and see if your results are populated? Obviously make sure the date includes a range where by you actually have results to display. Greater than 2016-08-08 for instance… Also are the rest of the filters using ‘contains’?

I’ve got the same problem, sort of . When I change a filter after using a wrong value at first, or remove it, there is still no data. The data showed up fine when i made the table withouth the filter value

Hello @Johnny_Solberg it would really help us if you explain/show how’s your database query filter set up, also what did you add on your page?
A link to your page would also be a great help.

I made a query, tested the query. It worked fine. Used the bootstrap generator to create a table displaying the data. Works fine. Then i add a condition to the query: Kundebilid=filter, test the page :
https://tw60.transportsystemerjohnnysolberg-321a.websitebuilder.no/test2.aspx?filter=300
No data displayed. I remove the filter from the query. Still no data. either on the page above or when i try to open the query in the browser.
Before i did the above, but also added a $_GET value of filter and added a search field on the page as explained in your tutorial, same result. I have made a new page about 20 time, same result. Works fine without filter, with filter no data. I have deleted the query, made it again with the same name. Same error. Making it with a new name it works without filter, but not with filter. I even tried to delete all server actions, delete connectopn files both local and remote, making everything new, same result.

Please post a screenshot of the conditions you used in the query builder. Your server action returns an error: A server error occured, to see the error enable the DEBUG flag. and that is why no data is returned.
Please enable the debug mode as explained here:

so we can check what the exact error is.

Please do the following:

Debugging is enabled on the query and globally now. Whenever this problem occurs, all other queries also stop working

Not on the query, only in the server connect global settings!
Turn off the query debug option, it should not be enabled.

turnet of now

I see you selected this for the search parameter on the page:

dmx-param:filter="search.filter.value"

where is the search.filter.value coming from? I don;t see any input with that or similar name on the page?

The search field has not been put on trhis page yet

Well, how are you supposed to filter the values, without an input which passes a value to your database? Or how do you need to pass the search value to your server action, where is it supposed to come from?
More you are using equal in the query filters which means that it always expects a value.

There is no longer a condition value in the query, but it looks like the value is not removed from the page, even if it removed from the query.
This is by the way the page as it is supposed to be. It stopped working after i added the filter. I had to delete all the server actions related to the page at create it and all the queries again. This has happened several times on this page:
https://tw60.transportsystemerjohnnysolberg-321a.websitebuilder.no/hovedside.aspx?filter=1

Sorry but i am a bit lost - not sure what you are referring to.
On your https://tw60.transportsystemerjohnnysolberg-321a.websitebuilder.no/test2.aspx?filter=300 page where is the filter supposed to come from to filter the query? Currently it points to some nonexisting component/element.

I removed the field. I put it back again now. also added the filter Regnr=filter.
Try https://tw60.transportsystemerjohnnysolberg-321a.websitebuilder.no/test2.aspx?filter=tore
Still not working

But do you want to filter your query with the filter URL parameter or by using the text input - that’s not clear to me …
Also how does your query filter looks now?