Search Data Bindings/Available Actions

Hi,

If you pages have a lot of elements on the page like mine do, between forms/tables/buttons/alerts/notifications and so on… you soon have a lot of scrolling and clicking to drill down to the element you require in the Data Bindings/Available Actions select.

I would like to see a Data Bindings/Available Actions search to speed up the whole process.

This is my example.

Before search is applied.

After I search for “Action scheduler”

Thanks,
Ray.

How many votes are needed for something to be reviewed as an option?

We review every request here, Ray :slight_smile:
Usually more votes means higher priority.

1 Like

As @Teodor mentioned - ‘usually more votes means higher priority’ - but certainly not always. I made a request some time ago which was implemented almost before anyone had a chance to vote for it - on the same day (it had been given 3 votes by then).

Presumably it also depends on how easy something is to implement and if the UI etc. is already in place to incorporate such a feauture. There are panels with search options built in, which work exactly as in your illustration (eg the Query Params panel), so perhaps it wouldn’t be so difficult to implement, and might not need so many votes. (But of course I don’t really know, and it might very difficult to implement and require lots of votes before serious consideration).

I think it’s a very good suggestion and would save a lot of time.

1 Like

It’s actually more related to how brilliant the idea is :grinning:
Sometimes users here have some really great ideas we never thought of.

But yes, usually the priority we set on these requests depends on the votes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everyone…

I’m not sure who is the ultimate judge of brilliance… :thinking:

But this feature starts to feel REALLY important as my app grows.

Like REALLY REALLY important.

Wappler is a productivity tool, and as my list of data bindings grows, I start to feel rather unproductive and depressed having to wade my way through a massive list to find the item I want.

What would also be helpful if the search isn’t so easy to implement would be:

1. If structured items like forms were left collapsed when the data bindings window opens.

2. If we could structure items in the App Structure which would carry through to the Data Bindings window. So for example, I use different Sections to contain different kinds of variables and server connections, and it would great if those Sections (or other containers defined for such things) were visible in the Data Binding.

Here is hoping for a reasonably rapid solution,

Best wishes,
Antony.

1 Like

Thanks for this in the new update!

Makes a big difference.

Ray.

1 Like

This is driving me nuts! This is the second time recently that an update has contained a feature and I just can’t find it! Where is the filter? I would have expected it to be at the top of the App Connect area but it’s not there for me (MacOS). I’ve received @George’s email with an animation showing it but I just can’t find it.

Hi sitestreet,

The request I made was for a search in data bindings.

You can see the search in the screenshot below.

This request was not for App Connect.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Ray.

1 Like

Aah, I’m with you now. In that case, would be great to have this in App Connect, too :slight_smile:

This has been added to Wappler a while back.