Going Crazy Here... Can You See My Silly Mistake?

Okay, so I am going quietly mad here… :upside_down_face:

I had my login system working, I changed some things, and now it just doesn’t work any more… I’m getting an unauthorised error.

I’m just storing the password un-encrypted for now to get things working, then to add the encryption.

Here are a gazillion screen shots of all my setup… can you see what I have done wrong?

I will be eternally grateful!

Best wishes,

Antony.

########################################################
email
password
form
login_login
action
login
security

screen
database

I think your Password field on the Login properties server action has a ) instead of a }

Should be:

{{$_POST.user_password}}
2 Likes

Ken, I love you.

Thank you sooooo much!

It works… yippee! :rocket:

1 Like

Good catch :slight_smile: I didn’t notice this.
The question here is - how did the ) appear there? If you are using the UI to select these options, such a character will never appear at such a place.

Are you sure you were not just copy/pasting some code between your page(s), and if yes - why not use the UI for this?

Good question @Teodor!

The ‘)’ clearly came from my fingers and not the UI…

I would expect that most Wappler users mix using the UI with typing in values. Sometimes typing is just sooo much faster… execept, of course, when you type the wrong character and don’t notice it! :slight_smile:

try to use the UI and its data pickers as much as possible. That is why we made it - to show you only valid data and expressions to pick from.

Bad expressions and typos costs you much more time to find later on, as you have discovered.
Also expressions are sometimes context sensitive - so if you just copy and paste them somewhere else they might not work.

That is the whole idea of Wappler, to allow you to adds components and expressions with validation and enforcing rules to check this. So if you just copy and paste code - you think you are faster but eventually this will cost you much more debug hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @George, yes, I am slowly finding the benefits of one way of working over another as I get to use Wappler each day!

One thing that is a major obstacle to working as you describe is the lack of a search (or at least collapse all) function in the Data Bindings window.

I have enough forms, variables, arrays, repeats and server connects now that the Data Bindings window, with everything displaying expanded, is almost totally unusable.

A rapid fix to this will make it much easier for me to use the UI the majority of the time!

Best wishes,
Antony.

Well that is a great idea! Just file it as feature request and keep those coming!

It is already a feature request!

Hey @George, you released it the following day!

Soooooo useful, thank you ever so much!

Best wishes,

Antony. :smile:

1 Like