Save uploaded image to local directory possible?

I’d like to be able to add an upload component on the web page and have it save the file (image) to a local directory so that I can use it to bind on page.

I’m following the directions on uploading files here here but it doesn’t save the file into the local directory.

Also, I followed the directions here and am able to insert the filename into the database

Also, I tried adding a save image step for a server action and it’s still not working.

Does the fact that I’m running on a local docker target matter?

Have you checked in Dev Tools that the file is uploading?
Also put it to a live server, so people here can have a look at it and I’m sure the problem will be resolved in minutes.

Some times you have to give read/write/execute rights to the folder you are uploading to at the server.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

The folder is on my laptop with development environment setup to run docker locally. I haven’t moved to a live server yet. If I manually move the images to this local folder I can successfully bind on the page after inserting the image name into the database but I would prefer to use the upload component through the browser to place the image into the local folder instead.

So a few things to ask here.

Does your upload environment allow whatever filesize you are uploading, try uploading a tiny .jpg file under 1MB to ensure it is not due to a filesize restriction.

Are there any errors you can see in the browser upon upload using something like Google Chrome Developer Tools, looking for console log errors etc.

Is there any remote environment we could perhaps look at to try troubleshoot the issue further for you.

If not could you show screenshots of your code, or the server connect actions that are controlling the file upload so we can try check things like remote path validity for you.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! It was a simple fix. As @baub mentioned, I had to give the local folder read/write/execute permissions.