Repeat in eMail body

Anybody else looking for the ability to have repeats within the body of a Send Mail server action?

Reference: Email the results of a database query

In the old Dreamweaver days, I used the Webassist plugins for emailing and you could set the body to be a file. That file could then contain whatever you want, including repeat regions.

This would be great in Wappler.

4 Likes

I hope , there is a simple solution…
Much has been discussed before, but I guess no way has been found.
but voted :wink:

1 Like

This has become more urgent now shopping carts are being built with Wappler. The order confirmation email needs to contain all the lines in the order.

2 Likes

Yes I’m surprised this hasn’t been requested more or had much attention.

1 Like

Capture

As there is no direct way to do this. I am doing in this alternative way, with the help of variable.
Concatenating the required html into the variable inside the repeating region then using this variable in mail body.

11 Likes

Great, a good example of why this should be core Wappler functionality.
Abandoned Carts, Order / Quote Confirmations, Overdue Task Lists etc.

3 Likes

Bumping. Would be an extremely helpful addition.

1 Like

I think this is one of those requests where the number of votes under-represents the interest. Eg the same request appears here and probably elsewhere.

2 Likes

Better than repeating regions a templating system for emails would make more sense as it would cover more ground.

Something like this but server model agnostic(or just node because…why not? :p).

Additionally there are full blown solutions(email frameworks) that will also handle responsiveness, plain text and other goodies and complement very nicely an email templating system.

5 Likes

I pray weekly to see this added on a Thursday. :pray:

6 Likes

There is another feature request for this same thing here.

3 Likes

Also having conditions in email body would be great to have. These are quite old requests …

2 Likes

I’m coming back on this request. Please implement repeat and conditions into Mail body. Creating complex mails are a nightmare …

And please also add support for text/html code for better acceptance in mailing.

1 Like

I voted for this feature request originally, but I’m not sure if I would now. Having created a few emails with repeated data recently, I’m not sure how much difference it would make creating the data and HTML tags in a variable to include in the mail body, or in the mail body directly. You’re probably going to have to create some horrible code like this either way (and the Design window works really well for this - just a pity we can’t make it bigger):

I think this is the most important missing feature. I’ve just looked through recent emails I’ve received, using a text-only email client. Quite a number didn’t offer a text alternative, but most did. In one case, there was a sort of text alternative - a note indicating that an HTML-capable email client was required, which would be a better option than simply displaying lots of indecipherable css etc. This article suggests it’s still important.

1 Like

Maybe repeats are not that important but conditions are. We have a lot of complex forms where we send out emails with different form fields. At the moment we have to add multiple mails in the server action. It would be much easier if there were a condition support in the mail body.

Obviously the contents of the variables can be based on conditions too. Eg in this case, there are several variables to be included in the email. I only want to include shipping details if they’re different to the billing details, so I use a condition:

However, I’ve only created fairly simple emails with repeats, so may not have encountered the same issues as you.

We’re solving this similar. Also with conditions and set vars and then put the set var instead of the POSTs. But that’s quite a complex hack at the end.

Given the conditions will have to be set somewhere, I’m not sure if it would end up being simpler if we could set them directly in the mail body. Similarly, I would have thought that data sent from the front end via POST variables would have to be modified anyway to make it suitable for HTML emails (using expressions/variables).

It’s getting tricky, if you need to use tables in the mailbody.

Maybe it would help to have a MailBody “output-var” that could be used to store condition results and then in the MailBody put them together, I don’t know…