Renaming library actions bug

I don’t think it’s wappler 5.0.0 B2 specific (but I am using it right now).

I’ve had this bug for as long as I can remember, but it did seem to get worse.

What I want to do

I want to duplicate a library action and rename it

What I expect to happen

I duplicate a library action, I get a my_action_copy file.
I then rename it to newname, and I expect that file to be newname.

What actually happens

it LOOKS like it’s renamed. But actually it is not.

This is what’s currently happening:

1. I duplicated and moved a library action

2. After renaming it seems good…

3. After restarting it changes back to it’s old name

Note while recording this video, (4th time trying to rename it and even restarting wappler after a rename) it did suddenly work.

I can’t replicate it 100%, but it seems to happen 4/5 times. So whenever I duplicate library actions I make sure I close everything that’s open and refresh all workflows. This normally prevents the bug. Except for today

This issue may be related to another bug report, I cannot find the link

Sometimes Wappler fails to save the file, but it still shows a success message… :man_shrugging:

Bump++

The number of orphan library actions I have suffered is a pain. If you flip between targets without saving it also creates orphan and ghost library actions

Thanks for the input, I thought I was going crazy… it is very annoying but haven’t seen anyone else post about this.

If you have a consistent way to replicate it, please share so they can fix it easier

It doesn’t take much to make it happen. Create one, edit it, move between targets and it gets confused most of the time and you end up with an orphan, or a dupliecate and one that can’ be deleted very easily regularly.

What server model are you using? NodeJS or PHP?

NodeJS

How exactly did you duplicate and move the library action?

This is still a huge issue when renaming a library action. Working with node.js. I am sitting with the old name and new name actions. Also my normal api action does not recognise any of my 2 library actions, the old and new…

Just duplicated and renamed my server action. No problem at all.
Maybe you’re trying to rename to the name of some folder or another API action that already exists?

We can’t also replicate the problem. Renaming of library actions works just as expected.

Could you provide step by step instructions to replicate the exact problem?

Mac M1 latest Wappler

Right click on lib action - > rename

After renaming both lib actions in lib, old name and new name.

Could it be if you rename while action is open in edit view? That it saves the “old” open one and then have the new renamed one?

That could be an issue indeed. Try without having the action open in editor. Or at least do not save it in the tab.

Fixed in Wappler 5.1.1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 31 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.