RE: Data pickers don’t reflect API Action changes

Here’s a video where you can check the times events

So what happens if you simply click this:

and just re-select the server action AGAIN. Save the page and check the picker again.

The same result, need the log file again?

No, but i see now that you are using some nested structure with a few repeats and queries with joins, could be something specific to this …
Maybe you can just test with a simpler structure first and see if this happens also there.

Yes, like a I said before, I saw a few times this behavior when using repeats and many queries on an API.
But I don’t know where it starts to breaking.
I’ll try to recreate the API and see where the problem is (Don’t worry, I like to help)

Btw, I use a develop enviroment with ftp uploads (fastest way: save and upload automatically)
I mean, after saving, it uploads the file instantly, but it has nothing to do, right?

No, the schema in the data picker is being directly read from the server side code generated. It has nothing to do with the server you are working on or with the connection type (ftp or not) used.

What I tought.
Ok, let me do some work and I’ll let you know

After some testing, found the issue, at least on my project.

1. A query:
  2. A repeat:
  3. A single query:

Everything works.

BUT

If I change it:

It will not be added to the data picker (After saving resaving, reloading etc).

Spend two hours on this, I hope it is worth it :rofl:

Let me know anything else

PS: No join used on this API
PS2:Sorry but I have to go! I’ll attach the log file later since I did it without loggin :frowning_face:

will have to investigate this complex case.

Btw you are doing way too much queries as single queries in a loop - this can cause big performance issue as each new query cost time to execute. It is much better to use a single query with joins.

Well, actually, in this particulary case, it was only an example. Thats why I called the same query.
In my project I’m not being redundant.

Maybe I can optimize it (not really on my needs, as works like a charm) started a few time ago when I was not so familiarized.

But the point is that the query has only 50 records. So the repeats loads only 50 records.
Do you say that having a single-query on a repeat could be something wrong?

@George do you need a log file? Or you were able to re-create the issue?

Let me know If I can help with something :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report, I was able to recreate the issue. It was just missing a refresh after the changing of the query data. usually this was solved easy by just calling the data picker again as each call automatically refreshes the data.

Anyway it will be solved in the next update.

This is now fixed in Wappler 6.0.3

This topic was automatically closed after 26 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.