Question Regarding SEO Globals

Regarding @Hyperbytes SEO tutorial

It’s not a big deal, but I find it annoying to have to collapse/scroll past the SEO query results every time I want to add anything with server-side binding.

Is it possible to somehow hide it?

Alternatively, rather than have it as a global could I just make the same thing as a normal server action and set it as the action in server connect in server-side data on a layout page? Or is there some reason that won’t work or reason not to?

As seen

Basically, whatever suits you, both work.

1 Like

Hmm, I redid the setup in the server side data way, it seems a bit simpler to me. But when I add the server connect for SEO I am unable to pick anything in the server data binding for my SEO tags.

Any ideas? Or perhaps @ben would know?

Bump, anyone know if I can’t do this due to the order things are loaded (if the SEO tags are loaded before the server connect runs) or if I am doing something wrong?

1 Like

Have you tried setting the app root to “page” instead of “body”…?

Still nothing

What about ‘Define Global Data’…? Can you post the view from that please?

Ohhhh, I didn’t realize I had to define them there. I was trying to just bind them directly to the meta tag field.

Still can’t access the output from the server action.

I added title to template data

but still don’t see the query from my server connect when trying to set the server-side data - title field

but I do see them on the content pages.

Do I have to set it on each content page? Or is it possible to do it on the layout page?

1 Like

I think you can do it on the layout page, then use a custom query on each page to tell the DB which record it should bind the data to. ie: ‘?page=home’ query will show all SEO DB info for the ‘home’ row.

1 Like

Got it working by manually adding the query results. Also don’t need to add the server connect on each content page, just the layout page.

on the layout page works but you have to manually enter the query, it is not visible in the data picker.

1 Like

That looks like a bug to me, have you reported it?

1 Like

I had put it as a feature request, I’ll change it over to a bug report.

1 Like

Fixed in Wappler 5.5.0

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.