Query Manager not set on refresh or new load of URL with query parameters

Wappler Version: 6.0.0 Beta 15
Operating System: Windows 11
Server Model: Node
Database Type: N/A
Hosting Type: N/A

Expected behavior

I’m not entirely sure if this is a bug/defect or if I need to always set the query manager on page load. I’m using the Query Manager and it appears to work in most cases, but when the page is refreshed or a link is shared, then the Query Manager is not set.

Actual behavior

It appears there are two slightly different objects. The first is the Query Manager and the second is the actual query. I’m not sure why these are somehow related but not in sync.

This leads to parts of the code in my app having slight differences. Like query1.remove('t') and dmx-class:show-ibx="query.t"

So when you navigate to http://localhost:59540/html/apps/mailbox.html?t=18b6c2d3617b92a3 and have something like this <a dmx-on:click="query1.remove('t')"> on the page, then query1 isn’t set. So query1.remove('t') does not remove the value from query.t.

I was curious if I could perform a remove directly on the query, but the only action is to remove from the query manager.

It seems odd to need to set the query manager on page load, but if that is the recommended option, then I’ll proceed with setting that up.

How to reproduce

1. Setup a query manager
  2. Somehow set a param in the manager
  3. Refresh the page and check the query manager value in console

On Wappler Stable, AppConnect 1, I developed my website knowing Query Manager would keep the values upon a page refresh :slight_smile:

Are you using AppConnect 2 (Beta)? If so, I need this bug fixed as well

Yes, using AC 2.

Don’t let this bug report in vain, concerning Wappler RC

1 Like

Good reminder, @Apple!

@george, based on Apple’s feedback this may affect existing sites that rely on url query params.

App Connect 2 will remain in Beta with the Wappler 6 release, we still have several components that need to be updated for it. All editor features will be out of experimental, but the components will stay in beta, when you use the Stable channel you don’t have to worry about updating your projects to App Connect 2.

1 Like

This is now fixed in Wappler 6.0.3

This topic was automatically closed after 26 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.