Queries disappear on create in Server Connect

Wappler Version : 5.4.1
Operating System : Windows
Server Model: Node.js
Database Type: MySql
Hosting Type: Reseller

At least four times now I’ve created a query in a Server Action and when I click OK to finish creating the query it never shows up in the Steps panel. Just gone. I can’t see any rhyme or reason as to when it happens. I’ve rebooted my system and have tried in different server connects and it just seems to be random. So far I haven’t had one disappear that’s already in the Server Action, only on creating new ones.

I have experienced this as well. I thought maybe it was just me.

I find it helps to select your query type and then save the step, then go back in and set up the query.

It is very frustrating, but my work around seems to work.

1 Like

Will do that for now. Thanks.

As Brad outlined, saving at every step when creating SQL queries, particularly in the library SCs, reduces issues. It’s less of an issue on API variants. There’s situations where it is created but it’s a ghost and you cannot delete it easily.

That said, I believe George managed to create the issue and found a fix. I’m running an earlier version of Wappler so can’t confirm

Thanks. I’ll definitely be more vigilant about saving until there’s a fix!

Please recreate the issue with debug logging on and attach the debug log here:

We haven’t been able to recreate such an issue in our tests.
We also haven’t noticed anything like this being required:

I’ve done this. You should see the bug report.

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.22000
  • Wappler Version : 5.4.1

Problem description

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a query in Server Connect
  2. Click OK
  3. Query is missing.

report1676670172929.zip (184.4 KB)

Your zip doesn’t contain any log, just a screenshot. Please make sure to follow the steps and manually browse to the generated log and attach it here.

Hmm - I did follow the instructions - that’s the zip file that was generated. I have that setting on so next time I run across the error I’ll do the bug reporting again.

Just manually browse to the generated log file instead.

wappler.zip (10.0 KB)

I couldn’t really replicate the problem… Are you sure the server connect action file is saved?

The Database Query Step should appear directly when you choose to add the query and the dialog should show after that. Do you see this? Because you say that the Query step doesn’t show at all…

Could you shoot a small movie to illustrate the problem?