Problems with special characters from api

Have a problem that our norwegian special characters is missing in form read from an norwegian api source.
When i read the api with “postman” I can see the norwegian characters but when i put them inn a form or in a table thei are gone. the api uses json and utf-8 and I have charset utf-8 in the header of the php file.

Any ideas ?

Added info to this problem

When I use API action in server connect I dont get Norwegian characters
but when I use API Data Source I get Norwegian characters

Is this a bug ???
I think I put this as a bug.

Still the same problem? Here are norwegian characters stripped form the results.
lastName should be “Mjønes”

This was fixed with Wappler 3.0.2. Make sure you have the latest files from dmxConnectLib uploaded to your server.

using 3.03.
copied complete dmxconnectlib folder from local project to my server, same problem.
Check: http://atest.profweb.no/dmxConnect/api/api/User.php?tnr=91862222

lastName should be “Mjønes”

Postman gives correct data btw:)

Regards Olav

Remove the file dmxConnectLib/modules/api.php, then save the server action again. It should copy the api.php back again. Upload the new api.php to the server and test again.

If the above does not work, here is the latest api.php file: api.zip (3.3 KB)

your zipfile did the trick regarding the special chars…
The file copied back to my project was older. I think it was from May, 2020.

But the api Schema is now changed, and I get an error trying to define a new.
Try the link again and you would see the change.

Could it be more files missing in the 3.03 update that api.php depends on?
The api Schema editor does not pick up the Authorization Header

Regards Olav

Just delete the dmxConnectLib folder locally. Save your server action and it will generate the a new dmxConnectLib with the newest files inside.
Then just upload it to your server.

this procedure coiped back an older version of api.php than the one I got from Patrick. now it´´s from may, the one I got from Patrick was from late July.
Now the special characters for Norway is stripped out agin. We are back where we started.
Thats why I asked if ther could be dependent files for the api.php I got from Patrick could be missing.

regards Olav

Republished the api.php I got from Patrick, from 27.07.2020.
Norwegian Characters OK, Returned JSON not correct, it seems.

http://atest.profweb.no/dmxConnect/api/api/User.php?tnr=91862222

Olav