Problems renaming global security providers

Guys,
A few months ago I set up a Security Provider named argon2idLogin. Its properties don’t keep this name and instead uses ‘siteSecure’. As a result, my login and logout functions are unstable: I need to click a few times on the function for it to actually log in or log out.

Is that a bug? Thanks.

I tried recreating this but the name stays whatever i enter.
Can you maybe try deleting the security provider and adding at again?

Sounds like a misconfiguration between targets & security provider files.
The security provider logic itself works pretty well.

Maybe delete all security related files from .wappler folder & main application, and try creating fresh provider with name you have configured in existing server actions. Deleting the files does not un-link SA from the security provider.
Deleting security provider just from the UI does not work well between targets - hence suggestion to delete files.

I am not sharing exact details as to what files to delete - because its dangerous and not recommended. And if you are unable to do it with the hints, best to not do it.

I can delete the Security Provider of course but I suspect the siteSecure name comes from another Wappler file that does not update correctly when doing a name change. I remember following your tutorial on security provider and used ‘siteSecure’ and now it’s been sticking around ever since, despite multiple renaming.
Speaking of which I am sharing a related issue. I created jwt and oauth a few months ago too, never been able to delete them. They reappear next day.
In both cases, I suspect an issue with some Wappler files in the background, not updating correctly those Globals when updated/deleted.

Indeed too dangerous for my own sake :laughing:
Thanks anyway.

I deleted my old ‘argon2idLogin’ security provider and created a new one.
It did not work until I change manually the name of the provider in the global.php file too:

You may want to fix that :beetle:

I can’t really recreate this issue. What target are you working on when you make the changes?

Working on local c:// then uploading to remote SQL server.

So you selected local target when changing the global security provider name?
Does this happen with this one only? What if you create a new one and rename it?

I changed the name from here, and it did not apply the change to the Global.php file.
Didn’t try the renaming on other files but did delete files under JWT and Oauth2, which always come back here too, even after removing the files manually from both local and remote.

Same screenshot after reboot, the files are back:

Man, this is getting critical…
None of my edits are taken into account, this is what my JWT, OAuth2 and Security Providers globals look like after reboot:
I’ve deleted jwt and oauth dozens of times and renamed/removed/nuked argon2idLogin as well, both from a mouse right click and from a manual edit in the json files. They still come back and my Login and Logout APIs still don’t work anymore.
What is happening all of a sudden?! :astonished:

Not sure what json files are you editing, but you should not alter any files if you don’t know what you are doing.

What hosting type are you using - custom one or docker?

You have not answered my question about what target is currently selected when you do the changes? What targets are defined for your project also?
Also:

Does this happen with this exact security provider only? What if you create a new one and rename it?

I really cannot recreate this in any of my projects.

Edited dmxConnect/modules/globals.php for example, which keeps argon2idLogin as the “provider” despite my daily renaming and removals.
I created a new one as you suggested and now I see both old and new options in the provider ‘dropdown’ for login and logout.

We use custom hosting. PHP server.

On Remote target when we do the edit/deletion.

Well… do you have a local target defined?

And can you successfully rename them?

No local target defined, we work on c:// and upload/publish when satisfied.
We can upload individual files to live site when needed.

I cannot rename argon2idLogin or delete it. Deletion/renaming does seem to work on screen but no changes are applied when I reboot. (I did not rename the new ‘security’ I created - as this one seems to work and help us login most of the time).

Well… can you just try creating a dummy one and rename it to see if it’s renamed fine or no?

Created a new dummy one named securityTest. Uploaded it. Saw it in remote as expected.
Then renamed it to securityRenamed and here is the result:

Please tell us your diagnosis on this urgent matter. Thanks.

We don’t work on the weekends, so we have not checked this issue in details yet.
What i found in my tests is a simple workaround until this is fixed - make sure to just rename the security provider both under globals and in the properties tab and save it after that:

this will make your security provider properly renamed and uploaded to the selected target.