Problem with SPA under NodeJS

SPA under NodeJS works well except when I refresh the page as shown

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Maybe this will help as well…

2 Likes

Looks perfect Ben - I think @Patrick should just add the automatic client side routes to NodeJS routing as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fixed in Version 3.0.0 Beta 3

1 Like

Seeing this in v3.2.1.
@ben : Did you have to make any changes for this to work?

Hi Siddhant, sorry for the late reply.

The code looks perfectly alright to me. The problem may be due to:

<meta name="ac:route" content="/">
and
<base href="/">

If the siite is local and the root directory is mysite then the above should read "/mysite/". This can be corrected by saving the relevant page in situ.

Thanks for the reply @ben, but I did not really follow what you mean by root directory.
The application is inside the ‘/app’ folder as we were discussing in the other thread.
I am seeing this happening in both local server and cPanel.
Can you please explain a bit more what I should update in place of "/"?

Sorry Siddhant, my previous reply was barking up the wrong tree. Please forget.

Looking at the online site I see:

When I then select Services, I get:

When I then view the source code, I see the error message. So something is wrong - which is exactly what you are saying.

I am wondering, are you following this tutorial?

No. Not the layout thing. I am trying to create SPA. So as you had suggested in another post, I have added static/html pages and setup routes like I would in PHP model app - main index route… Then add dmx-route to it, creating SPA.

This is the post where you helped with creating SPA with NodeJS in Wappler: Setup SPA in NodeJS Project

@patrick / @George Can someone please help with this?

Currently the NodeJS uses partials and content pages for its routing. For SPA’s we need to add more support as stated in:

That was 2 months ago. Any plans to do it in recent future updates?

@George Awaiting your reply.

1 Like

@George Was there a fix for this in version 3.3?

1 Like

Please guys check:

5 Likes

Hello Ben, please can you advice me here.
OS Windows 10
Wappler Ver 3.5.2
NodeJS.
Issue:
Is this normal. Each time i view a content page in the browser, all the head section of the content path automatically takes the path of the last view content page

Unfortunately, i never received a response on this, only an acknowledgement from Teodor. I guess i might have crossed the line by asking for clarification, seems i am the only one swimming in this ocean. I therefore rest my case and speak no more. Thank you and have a merry merry Xmas to the wonderful team of Wappler.

Some times issues or questions fall through the cracks. You need to stay on top of your forum topics and insist :slight_smile:

I can’t do much to help right now as I am nowhere near my laptop but someone will step up :slight_smile:

Merry xmas.