Server Model: PHP
Database Type: MySql
Hosting Type: AWS Docker

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

When using CTRL+S or the file menu, saving should happen pretty quickly

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

When using either CTRL+S or the file menu, the file won’t save straight away. If I leave it alone for a while and come back I can then save it.

What I have noticed is that when it occurs, the code editor shows loading rather than any of the element tooltips:

None of the normal code-formatting beautification takes place.

How to reproduce

• Detail a step by step guide to reproduce the issue
  • A screenshot or short video indicating the problem
  • A copy of your code would help. Include: JS, HTML.
  • Test your steps on a clean page to see if you still have an issue

I haven’t found a common denominator to recreate this consistently, only that when it does the code editor has the issue described above - sorry!

Is this happening on a particular page? Also what do you see in the terminal output when this is happening?

Sorry, no it has happened over several pages.

There’s nothing in the terminal (it’s Docker so I don’t normally see anything unless publishing) but the green ‘File saved successfully!’ message doesn’t show. The ‘Route Saved Successfully’ one does show - when pages have routes.

Bump - this is still occurring on 3.8.1
Do you need anything else to help diagnose/fix? It’s really difficult as it is pretty sporadic! The code editor ‘loading’ tooltip is the only consistent thing I’ve found about it so far.

Hi, i got the same problem as above, desinstalling / reinstalling wappler haven’t done anything, if someone got a quick fix i’ll be happy to ear it !

1 Like

I got my quick fix : if i save the file with “save as …” on the top right menu i can actually retrieve the file with the folder explorer, save it (he ask if i want to rewrite), and after that, the short-cut ctrl+s is working again.

Please restart Wappler with Logging and send us the logs from when the problem occurs.

@patrick

Here is a log that catches when ctrl S does not save.

chrome_debug.log 5.zip (225.1 KB)

@patrick Anything I can do to help move this along? It’s a daily issue in 3.9.7. Not sure about beta 3 since I hit some blocker bugs that prevent me from actually working a lot in that version.

I hope we can improve it in Wappler 4. We do a lot during save, like fixing links, checking dependencies and copying required library files in your project.

1 Like

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.0.4

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.