Problem changing variable names in Server Connect


#1

I came across something similar a while ago but thought it had been fixed.

I duplicated several server connect files and copied them to a new folder. I was going to use similar actions with a second table. There was no problem with the first file.

In the second file, there were two post variables which I wanted to rename. No problem. I then edited the query to change the table and edit the POST variables. The moment I did this, the POST variables copied themselves:

image

I edited the file directly, deleting the duplicate variables which appeared like this:

{
  "meta": {
    "options": {},
    "$_POST": [
      {
        "type": "text",
        "name": "authsubj_name"
      },
      {
        "type": "text",
        "name": "authsubj_dates"
      },
      {
        "type": "text",
        "name": "authsubj_name"
      },
      {
        "type": "text",
        "name": "authsubj_dates"
      }
    ]
  },

However when I saved the file, the duplicates reappeared. I decided it might be simplest to delete the variables and re-enter them. After I deleted the first one, the $_POST option disappeared:

image

I closed Wappler, edited the file in a text editor. All was back to normal when I reopened Wappler. I then did the same with another file - same problem and same fix.


Selection jumpy on server connect panel
#2

Is there a linked form? Could it be they are being automatically imported form the linked form?


assigned George #3

#4

No, I didn’t use a linked form. I just renamed the variables manually.

It might have been simpler to delete the existing variables and then use a linked form - and then the problem may not have occurred. Nevertheless, it should be possible to do it either way without any unexpected results.


#5

This has happened to me. Appears that unused fields in the action are somehow imported in the the form variables. For example you only want to insert name, telephone number, and social security but the action has name, telephone number, social security, date of birth, nationality. Then date of birth and nationality will then be imported as variables which then have to be deleted. I did bring this up in the past with the Dreamweaver extensions maybe around the time of App Connect launching… Wappler appears to do the same, not all the time but some of it.


#6

This has being solved and improved in Wappler 1.8.0
Only $_GET vars are now auto converted to lowercase


unassigned George #7

closed #8

archived #9