Selection jumpy on server connect panel

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.17134
  • Wappler Version : 1.8.1

Screenshare shows the problem: "https://www.useloom.com/share/c1e1887ed3de4bd5ad2ab8b5a94f7122

1 Like

Can confirm this. Already saw this with newest Wappler and Win10

Could you explain the problem more in detail? I can not really see from the video what you mean.

It’s clearly visible… Freddy also saw it?

Well I see a lot of things happening on the video - selection jumping and such but I can not read minds and guess which problem do you mean exactly.

So instead of losing me half an hour to guess what you mean - maybe you can take the time and explain step by step what did you did and what was the desired result and what didn’t happen.

This will help me focus on the problem instead loosing time with guessing.

Well I thought why describe a dog in words, while you can also draw a picture to show what it looks like…

Yes the problem is the jumping, and the disappearing of the whole POST text.

There are many more of these sorts of little bugs, I have to frequently restart wappler because of components not showing nesting, or when clicking on icons nothing happening, databinders not showing etc.

The strange behavior is caused by the duplicate name. Since there are 2 items with the same name, they also have the same id, when hovering over the duplicated name it highlights the first occurrence in finds and not the one that is hovered.

The question is how did you get that duplication, did you enter the duplicate name manually or was it one of the generators? It should not allow duplicates there.

I did not enter it twice manually, so I think it’s one of the generators.

I think this is related to the problem described here - if not the same problem.

@nevil, I am sure that the problem is caused by the dupliacte $_POST entry. You will also find that when you use the correct procedure, that this will not happen. For example, when you create an update server action, the $_POST values will have been added (I always check to make sure). If you then also use the ‘Import From Form’, it will duplicate the entries.

I am not saying that this is correct, I am just stating that it could happen. Perhaps this will also help @George to determine what to do.

1 Like

Wow - very well spotted Ben! You still have very sharp eyes :slight_smile:
That is indeed the cause of the problem!

We have many checks to prevent duplication of the variables there, but it seems Nevil somehow find a way to bypass those :slight_smile: - so the only question now is @nevil - how did you manage to create those double variables?

No idea, I did not notice myself taking any action to create this. Suddenly I noticed the problem.

I was just trying to help you guys by pointing the bug out.

Also here’s an example of databinders not (or very shortly) showing up: https://www.useloom.com/share/8700bd2d83e24078830637dfa5424f01

This was solved many Wappler updates ago