Possible Wappler bug? Invalid Path Character in MapPath method error when using classic asp

Using Wappler 3.5.1, Classic ASP server connecting to a MS SQL database.
This is a site we’ve had running for a while without issues. I made a change on Friday to a page and of course Wappler updated all the dmx files. We have started to get random errors, but the errors all state the same thing. Was wondering if this has to do with the latest update.

The error is in the connection file and it reads “Invalid Path Character-An invalid character was specified in the path parameter for the mappath method” on line 6 of the connection.asp file. We enabled send errors to browser and I was able to grab a screen shot of the error. Nothing else on this server has changed. I can refresh the page, and the error goes away and may work several more times, then I get the error. Again, a refresh will clear it out. Oddly enough, I get an error in Wappler int he Database explorer that the config.server property is required and must be of type string, and I was not getting this before.

We are still getting this error even after these last two updates. I am not 100% sure it is a Wappler bug, but this is the only thing that has changed on this site. We’ve spent about 20 hours of troubleshooting it, changing database servers, changing web servers, looking at the queries, etc. This site was 100% reliable until the 3.5.1 update last Thursday. I made a change on one page and it updated all the classic asp connection files, then boom, we started getting errors on this site. What’s so confusing is that they don’t occur every time, just sometimes. It can go for hours, then error out.
The error can occur on the same page, with no changes, then after a few re-loads, it clears up.

This is the main error:

006~ASP 0173~Invalid Path Character~An invalid character was specified in the Path parameter for the MapPath method.

Object { fileName: "F:/Customer Sites/SCSDocklink/Modules/PaymentAPI/dmxConnectLib/lib/db/connection.asp", lineNumber: 6, method: "Connection", … }

This one is causing us to pull our hair out!. Anyone having an issue like this?

Please test following update, unzip in dmxConnectLib/lib/db.

connection.zip (1.5 KB)

Thanks Patrick. I will check it out in a little bit.

I can confirm that the updated connection file fixes this issue for me.